Is this a good deal? lets play help the new guy

Stuntman206

Weight is definitely weighing heavily on my mind (heh). But more so because the FZ6R is heavier than hell at 470lbs. I am thinking the FZ8 is actually lighter! But that I am not entirely sure about. There are definitely some negative things I hear about the FZ6R, starting with the weight, continuing to the swingarm and hi-ten steel frame. Not sure how I feel about all of it.

Obviosly you want the 800 so just get it... not that big of a deal. I don't see the power of the bike as a problem. The only reason I suggested to get something smaller and lighter first is to get used to maneuvering around and parking and thinking ahead of where you are going to go, especially at low speeds or stopped. Its not hard to get out of shape because of uneven terrain or loose footing. It wouldn't be unusual to tip it over just trying to move it around in the garage, that is until you get in tune with the techniques... and a 460 pound bike is not easy to stand up again and there will be repairs to make if that happens.