Is this a bad idea?

Just sold my 2008 Yamaha XT250 and I'm planning to join the ranks of the FZ6R group very soon!

I'm looking at a 2009, private sale, which has about 2200 miles. By the owners description and photo appearance, the bike looks immaculate. I'm going to look at it tomorrow.

However, I asked about the break-in procedure they followed. They have kept the revs down and gone easy on the bike. Then I asked about the 1st oil change. They changed it after the first season, which was at about 1000 - 1100 miles. I know the manual says to do it at 600 miles.

Am I asking for huge trouble buying this bike, or is it really not too much to worry about? My optimistic side says they kept the revs down, so the actual engine usage may not be quite that high ...

Opinions welcome.

oyamyers

I wouldn't be concerned, wow, a 2009 with only 2200 miles??? Hope the price is right. Good luck and welcome. You will love the 6R

Michael Wilson

Fz6rs are extrmely reliable and rigid bikes. As long as there isn't evidence of abuse and the bike runs good there's really not much else to worry about

Thanks all. If both the weather and the bike are good, then hopefully I'll have an FZR tomorrow night, and will post pictures shortly thereafter.

BKP

Good luck tomorrow 'bro...

Couldn't be happier with my Fizzer...

FastFreddy

Yes, 2200 mile with an oil change already, that's good.

Ride safe. I started off riding my brother's XT500 in the vacant lot, they were tough to kick start for a 13 year old.

oldtouring b

2 things to consider

1. The owner told you the truth about the first oil change! It would have been VERY easy for him to lie. Creates a lot of trust.

2. Have the oil changed right after your purchase. Puts your mind at rest.

Geek-- you will love this model. Bulletproof and does it all. Light and low..

GL and post some pics. Ride safe.

travisH3

To give u something to compare to, I just bought my 09 that is immaculate with 3200 miles for $4500 dollars with a jacket and cover. Blue book is $47 or 48

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member