Introduction, lots of questions

Updates

So, I've been wanting to post an update here, but didn't have too much time lately. So here it goes:

-Changed oil and the filter. Conventional Yamalube from the dealer. Definitely buying a oil filter tool before the next change, because this time I had to poke a hole in the filter to screw it out.

-Thank god for the full fairing set! A week ago or so, I was going on a highway when it started raining pretty hard, I though I would be soaked by the time I would get home - I was wearing jeans. But no, my legs were pretty much dry, thanks to the full fairing magic!

-Some numbers so far: been getting 39mpg around the city, around 45mpg on the highway with a passenger. When cruising on the highway the coolant temperature is usually around 160-170F, in the city in stop-n-go traffic sometimes gets to 212F or so.

-Dropped the bike at a stop sign, just for some reason lost balance (I also had a passenger on the back). No damage whatsoever, the left frame slider took the hit. Nothing, not even the mirrors touched the ground, just the frame slider and the rear wheel! Really glad I had the sliders on the bike.

Also, the buzz from the windshield area was eliminated when I put some felt tape between the plastics that were rattling :)

Back