Intro dirt bike?

0150r

I've been looking at getting a used dirt bike, but would like some advice on what to get as I've never had one before...I've been told to get a 250cc 2-stroke, 250cc 4-stroke, 400/450cc 4-stroke, as well as a 650cc dual sport.

I like the idea of a dualsport so I don't need a truck or trailer to get the bike somewhere, but there are downsides too: registration/insurance and I'm assuming it might be a "jack of all trades and master of none"

Anyone have any help they can give? I currently live in San Diego where there are some deserts, but I will be moving to Wisconsin next fall so winter (snow) riding could be an option.

Last edited:

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Rhinotjv

I totally have the itch for a dirt bike at the moment also. I had a Honda xr200 but it blew up a few months after I got it. I've been riding my mountain bike a bit recently and can't help but fantasize about having throttle under my right hand. I also kinda want to try to wheelie without worrying about dropping my baby.

xJoshuaDrakex

Really been debating on getting a dual sport myself. I really want the yamaha wr250r but its pretty pricey brand new compared the my other option the honda crf250l. It's so hard to find a used wr250r around my area. Plus the seat height on the yamaha is way higher and I'm a short guy. May just have to go test ride both.

BigRobb

Always wanted a Supermoto myself :) still debating over DRZ400SM or FZ09 for whenever i decide i want a different bike :p

Sent from my C5170 using Tapatalk