Interesting Family comparison - FZ6R VS R6

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

I think they nailed it on the head with their comparisons, our bike is commuter/touring friendly, the YZ is a race-ready bike, fun and capable of taking corners at lightning speeds, for a few hours here and there.
More like minutes here and there... then your back and wrists start hurting.

fz6rwolf

apples and oranges. i'll take the FZ6R any day as i'm an old fart who couldn't handle riding position of the R6.

Detrich

nice article... thanks for sharing :)

Newmason

Why would they even bother compairing these two machines together! The only thing they share that is similar is probably the blue paint! I'd like to hear about someone riding and r6 cross country!

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
You're welcome! Admin actually found it and posted it over on the FZ6 site. I went a link deeper and repeated it here. :D

Actually, it wasn't a comparison more than it was a "family feud" and meant to show exactly why you'd buy one or the other and for the vastly different reasons.

I have to admit, after owning two FZ6 bikes and now the FZ1, and then riding my wife's FZ6R, I am thoroughly impressed with what the bike is capable of and this article outlines precisely where the bike excels and the R6 falls flat. I thought it was well written and proved a point for both of these "siblings"

travstoll

Why would they even bother compairing these two machines together! The only thing they share that is similar is probably the blue paint! I'd like to hear about someone riding and r6 cross country!
Its been done...throw a corbin seat and some upright bars on there and its a touring machine....its all about what you enjoy and are comfortable on. I rode my CBR600F4i 5000 miles in 2 weeks last year from Kansas down to California, up the Pacific Coast Highway, and back to the midwest...with nothing more than a sheepskin seat pad and a tailpack....

Roaddawg

I was kind of disappointed when I read the article in the magazine. Why not compare a Porsche Cayenne SUV with the Porsche 911 GT3....yeah, they will both be nice and quick, but serve two totally different purposes. I'm more than happy with my FZ6R!

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Another option for the R6 (touring) is a handlebar conversion. $549 get's you all the parts to turn the R6 from clip-ons to handlebars from spieglerusa