Installed camera se here is several seconds of riding :)

Rat

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax3_PnioMFo]YouTube - Yamaha FZ6R riding[/ame]

Hehe, sorry for misstypo in the thread's title... :)))

Last edited:

Detrich

nice...

:)

Rat

Any pictures of how you had it mounted?
No pics, but will make them for you today, MikeN02.
I bought Gopro hero HD cam, it can be easy mounted in any place by using adhesive mounts. You can remove the cam and attach in another place just in several seconds. I have two mount places - one on gas tank and second near front wheel.

And third is in my car in case when I'm going to chase tornado since I'm little crazy...:D

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Rat

I'm kinda scared of doing that side mount though... one good rock and it's gone. Did you degrease the area before you placed the adhesive?
Yes, degreased, those adhesive mounths seem to be really strong.
Agreed about rock and side mount - that is why no video from that point yet.
But will do on some good road.

Last edited:

angelsneverlose

^^ nice, i find it better to use the suction cup on the tank though, its not going to move on you and its boosted higher, so you can see above the handel bars giving a better video, compared to where half of the screen is just your bike... my .02 :)

MikeN02

^^ nice, i find it better to use the suction cup on the tank though, its not going to move on you and its boosted higher, so you can see above the handel bars giving a better video, compared to where half of the screen is just your bike... my .02 :)
I have to disagree though, I have a suction cup (Fat Gecko) and it's horrible. The video footage keeps shaking with every camera I have, even ones with image stabilizer. Worst is on the gas tank, side fairings there is a decent amount of shake.

Only place I can really put the suction cup is on my helmet and it doesn't vibrate but you'll notice the big change in wind resistance.

JSP

Super Moderator
The GoPro suction cup is really sturdy and solid. Was surprised at how steady the video on it actually is. Thats how I had it on the side fairing on my last vids.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sHtjQQJuqI]YouTube - Fossil Oregon Ride FZ6R HD GoPro 5-30-10[/ame]

One question... How does the video come out with it sideways like that on the fairing?

It would have to be a pretty good rock to take out the cam. That case is pretty sturdy. It is also replaceable too.

Last edited:

Superfly

cool vid!!!

BTW I see you took the stars and stripes decals off but left that tank safety decal on...thats totally unacceptable...you know that right...get out there with the goo gone asap:D