Indianapolis: Squid City, USA

Bigevildoer

I think our local ATGATT law enforcement officers would have a bird, go into shock, heart attack or simply preach themselves hoarse if they found themselves in Indianapolis (or Indiana in general for that matter).

Here are my findings:

1 in 10 - ATGATT Conformist
Protective Gear: Helmet with shield or glasses, full leathers, boots and gloves.

2 in 10 - Squideous Minimus
Protective Gear: Helmet with shield or glasses, riding jacket, gloves and appropriate footwear

6 in 10 - Squideous Idioticus
Protective Gear: Glasses, sweat reinforced T-shirt, Carbon Fibre Cargo shorts and Magic Running Shoes.

1 in 10 - Squideous Supremious Tyrannicus
Protective Gear: Aforementioned Sweat reinforced T or Muscle shirt, Tissue paper shorts and sandals. Looks like they got confused - motorcycle or air mattress in a pool... Egads....

wtgrant87

I think our local ATGATT law enforcement officers would have a bird, go into shock, heart attack or simply preach themselves hoarse if they found themselves in Indianapolis (or Indiana in general for that matter).

Here are my findings:

1 in 10 - ATGATT Conformist
Protective Gear: Helmet with shield or glasses, full leathers, boots and gloves.

2 in 10 - Squideous Minimus
Protective Gear: Helmet with shield or glasses, riding jacket, gloves and appropriate footwear

6 in 10 - Squideous Idioticus
Protective Gear: Glasses, sweat reinforced T-shirt, Carbon Fibre Cargo shorts and Magic Running Shoes.

1 in 10 - Squideous Supremious Tyrannicus
Protective Gear: Aforementioned Sweat reinforced T or Muscle shirt, Tissue paper shorts and sandals. Looks like they got confused - motorcycle or air mattress in a pool... Egads....
I live in Indy. I wear all my gear and the guys i ride with do for the most part but we are a big minority. I would say that less than 10% of cruiser/harley riders wear helmets and if they do a lot of them are half shells that barely protect. If people don't wear a helmet they wont wear the rest of the gear and we have no helmet laws.

BM1

You should visit Illinois sometime. I'm in the Quad Cities area, and this area is dominated by Harley guys that wear absolutely no protective gear whatsoever.

Sage

yea over here in quincy there are very few of us that wear all of the protective gear.

CDN6R

You should visit Illinois sometime. I'm in the Quad Cities area, and this area is dominated by Harley guys that wear absolutely no protective gear whatsoever.
Yeah but they LOOK cool though! ( bunch of nuckle heads) Nothing makes me cringe more than a person riding a motorcycle with no gear or without the proper gear. 28 years ago I purchased my first sport bike (RD 350 LC) and I always road it with full leathers,helmet ETC and at times took allot of grief for it,especially on hot days. This past summer I am back to the sport(after 15 years) with the purchase of the FZ6R last May. I do not have all the gear I used to have ,but I am getting there. (currently wear jeans when I ride)

ME_with_a_B

Tell me about it. Chicago/'burbs area is just as bad. I see them riding all too often and they're not even wearing a shirt. :eek:

ry-mac75

I was in FLA and rented a scooter (lame,I know - but it was cheap and all my buddy could manage to ride anyway). I asked for a helmet and the guy said, "Why? Won't do you any good anyway"... I said, "If I don't have a helmet, I won't make it - but if I have a helmet, I COULD make it"...

Still didn't get a helmet.

Detrich

if u guys watch the Tour De France, those guys get pretty banged up in their crashes too. granted, they usually are crashing into each other and aren't going 65mph into oncoming traffic, but still... i guess with some sports it's 'assumed risk' i suppose...