in need of a radiator!!

Ckerd

so yesterday was a really nice day to ride, so guess what?. Thats exactly what i did! I spent all day cruising around on my FZ6R feeling a like a total badass! hahahha.. anyway after riding for a while stopped in a parking lot for just a second and noticed that my radiator is pissing... i thought to myself thats not supposed to happen... a rock or something hit my radiator and put a hole in it.. luckily i was close to home and near the highway and rode it how it was..
but anyway a new radiator cost $450 and i dont have that money to spend. anyone know where i can get a used one???

Andy

Radiator repair

Check with local radiator repair shop. Should be able to beed blast and apply epoxy with heat. Will last about a year. If you cant find someone parting a bike out.

Dustin600

I used to solder the fins shut on radiators that leaked. That may be an option for you. If you cant Do it yourself, there's got to be a shop around that will do it. Be careful if you're still riding. You don't want to ride through your own radiator fluid with your rear tire. That stuff is slippery.

Ckerd

yea thats what i was thinking about going to a rad repair shop.. on ebay theres some for 140 bucks aluminum ones... im not riding it now the rad is off the bike and i was more about the front wheel slipping and my leg burning from the hot coolant.. hahah

OMG, I just had the same issue last night...

So, I had just bought an 05 Jeep wrangler rubicon and I must say, that vehicle is fun... Anyway, I was on my way home on my bike from the dealer when I must have hit a nail/rock/debris that flattened my front tire and shot into my radiator causing a pin hole leak. Luckily, I was a less than a mile from home as well. Good thing I just bought a vehicle or I wouldn't have made it to work today. Judging from Ckerd's pic my radiator hole is smaller than that, but sprayed fluid all over the front. What kind of solder metal should I use if I want to fix myself.

abyss1406

Crimp it shut or solder it or use stop leak with metal flakes to plug the hole, used the stop leak on my hyosung awhile back.

Ckerd

i dont think that big hole is fixable..
i havent brought it to a rad shop so i dont know..
ive been checking ebay and i might just buy one of those aluminun radiators on there

Blue-Sun

Elite Member