Ice ice ice!!!

ajskillz13

Anyone else out there getting ice / sleet / snow??? This is a bit ridiculous. Just bracing for more to swing through this afternoon.

Wishing I had one of these about now!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0euJH4iF_g4]YouTube - S1000RR On Ice Take 2 - MAX BMW[/ame]

bmw675

had a couple inches of sleet yesterday evening, and right on the line of getting ice or 12"-20" of snow today/tonight. going out to brave it one last time here soon, but not with that toy, im sticking with the heat on in my truck.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bmw675

i help out with a local dirt late model team. sometimes its the same situation where dust/dirt is so bad that the drivers can not see at all, just hoping someone in front of them doesn't do something stupid. i'm with you, ill stick in the pits.

I did a few race on ice back in the days. 84 Civic with 1.6l single cam, double webber side draft, headers. I did mod the gearbox from 4.25 to 4.53 diff ratio with locked differential. I was getting about 180 Hp on a close ratio gearbox. Our tires were 13" x8" with 300 studs per tires. It was unbelievable the amount of grip. On pavement if you go hard, it's easy to go over the tires limit and loose control. But studded... you can litterly throw your car in the corner and hammer the gas. The crasy part is when you qualify 18th on the grid... you can't see shit! All you do is guess where the track is and don't loose the guy in front of you... One time I couldn't see anything as I hit the rev limiter in 3rd gear (8000 rpm) I didn't have a speedometer, but knew I how fast I was going because I spend so much time to figure out what will be the best gear ratio I could come up with... 100 mph with 0% visibility... I didn't had the balls. This is when I figured out I had a better future as a racecar mechanic then a racecar driver... But I have a hell of a good time!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

k6gad

Without those spikes that BMW would have gone down in about 10 feet. He sure was moving around as it was. I think I will stick to dry roads for now.