I want to paint my windscreen

Cartee

I've been reading through the other threads and seeing how other people have been doing it & It looks great! However my only concern is I would like it to be atleast a little bit transparent in case I need to get under it in very windy (Utah) situations..

Does anybody have any ideas on what kind of paint I could use for a glossy/transparent look? Or am I stuck with solid black...

Thanks!

Chucker

Another question: Do you paint the inside? I would think that would be better for longevity and looks, but never tried it.

Chucker

You could try this. But be prepared to paint opaque if it looks crappy.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/VHT-SP999-Nite-Shades-Cover-Translucent/dp/B000CPCRS6/]Amazon.com: VHT SP999 Nite-Shades Lens Cover Tint Translucent Black Paint Can - 10 oz.: Automotive[/ame]

If it looks good, let me know. Maybe I'll try it.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Well, let me say this. I painted the inside of my screen, completely blacked out. Even when I'm in a full tuck, laying on the tank, I still look OVER the screen. I think the stock screen is short enough that if you blacked it out, you wouldn't have any issues looking over it in a full tuck. Just something to think about, because trying to get the right level of transparency without it looking like crap can be difficult.

Cartee

So it turns out I will be painting my screen tonight, hopefully it turns out well. If it does I'll give a write up of what I used with some pictures for those of you who are interested. :)

Thanks for the posts!

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

PEARL FZ6R

So it turns out I will be painting my screen tonight, hopefully it turns out well. If it does I'll give a write up of what I used with some pictures for those of you who are interested. :)

Thanks for the posts!
we've had lots of luck in the past painting windshields with Testors spray paint, made for painting RC car/truck bodies made of lexan etc. Sticks great, very durable and comes in just about any crazy color you could imagine including pearls, candies and some are translucent also.
And, yes we do always paint the inside/backside...........

Last edited:

ChUcK

I have tried as hard as I can, full tuck, and I do not look through the windshield.

wighty

painted windscreen

with bugs and all! Will look much better with the R6 mirrors I ordered, i'll post new pics in a few days

ravenmike

I had mine blacked out with vinyl and I like the way it turned out and if you didn't like it u can always pull it off.

rskinz6r

i used plastidip another member told me this would look good and it did turn out great. just sprayed the inside a few times and let it sit overnight and it looks just like a tinted screen...just cant see through it

Shoei_Rider25

Hey not sure if you've done anything yet but I recently did this to my windscreen and it looks great! If you end up using gloss black make sure you only paint the inside of the windscreen and unfortunately there's no way to really keep it transparent unless you actually buy a smoked windscreen. If you end up painting it make sure you have some goo gone to get any overspray off of the front!

Chucker