I have made my decision!!

C

crazy dave

So thinking long and hard about getting my first bike being a new rider I have made my decision on the bike to buy. I am going to take the advice given to me and buy my friends 2006 kawasaki ex500. It really does make soooo much sense to do this for me. the bike itself is cheaper, insurance is cheaper, its safer for a new rider, and its already broken in:D. SO I guess I am making the smart move in enjoying this sport a lot more and doing it safely. he dropped the bike once at low speed and it only has cosmetic damage, which he plans on fixing before he sells it to me.

C

crazy dave

Oh I know I will have fun and safety is no joke to me. What are you impressed about? That I actually listened and took advice? lol. I may be crazy but Im not stupid and I always think long and hard when given advice from people who know better then I do. I just cant wait to get my license now. unfortunately my msf course was rescheduled to the 29th :/

S

Shinn

Awesome first bike. I love the kawasaki 250 and 500 for what they are. Beginner bikes that you can brutalize and they keep running. Props to you for listening to people and not starting off on a big sport bike. You are well on your way to being an awesome rider. :thumbup:

L

LERecords

good luck man.. remember you can always move up.. moving down is way harder... but good choice... :)

R

Red Wazp

OK with all the money you saved spend it on good gear. You will need it with any bike you own.

C

crazy dave

lol...thanks for the approval. I will get pics up once it is officially mine, hopefully in a couple weeks

O

oogie

Good choice on the bike, has a neutral feel and balance to accomodate new riders, but still capable in the power and performance area....you'll enjoy it.

D

dako81

Glad you made this decision. Now in maybe 6 months or next year after plenty of miles you'll find yourself ready to get a newer bike, hopefully an FZ-6!

A

AJ_rider

I think you made the right decision too. I followed the same route. Bought a starter bike, rode it for a season, sold it for what I paid for it and then bought my Fizzer.

Def post some pics when you get'em, we love all types of bikes here....(well maybe not Harley's :spank:)

Not sure if you mentioned this before, but where in NY are you?

S

SueMc

You will love the EX500! That was my first bike too. I got it new in 1999, and put over 76,000 kms on in before I upgraded to the FZ6! I did a cross-Canada trip on it from Calgary, AB to PEI with no problems at all. It handles great on the highway, and it's lots of fun in the twisties too!