I have a bad case of Road Test Nerves!!

tractorboy

Man.....Ive always been nervous for tests and Im totally fine and feel experienced but MAN..I still have nerves!!

Test for NY and we do circles and fig 8 and I can do them fine on smaller roads so should be find on a city street but still nervous and over analyzing things!

Anybody know.....NY 1 foot down at stops right? The left one.....

Im fine..just breathe!! man Im 40 and riding for years and nervous over a test.....jeez! what a WUSS!!:p:banghead::spank:

Kleinfalls

In Texas if you take the weekend safety course - all you do is go take the written at the DMV - no riding test at all. Very easy that way!!!

DragonBlu

When I took mine in Oregon in 1968 three of us rode a Honda 90 trail 28 miles to the next town with a DMV. One helmet and we all took the written and riding tests and pasted. The old guy at the DMV just shook his head and walked away. I was a little nervous then. You'll do fine just take a deap breath and go for it.

Newmason

Ah the test is easy, at least in ohio it was a piece of cake! Just relax and ride! You already have done the hardest part, and that was buying the bike~!

MikeN02

Are you taking the MSF course? If so I would say it's a piece of cake.

I thought I failed but I didn't, I was the slowest in the turns, couldn't do a U turn and almost hit the instructor.

The written test I aced.

Superfly

Man.....Ive always been nervous for tests and Im totally fine and feel experienced but MAN..I still have nerves!!

Test for NY and we do circles and fig 8 and I can do them fine on smaller roads so should be find on a city street but still nervous and over analyzing things!

Anybody know.....NY 1 foot down at stops right? The left one.....

Im fine..just breathe!! man Im 40 and riding for years and nervous over a test.....jeez! what a WUSS!!:p:banghead::spank:
Right before you begin the test ask the examiner where you could do a short burnout say 10 secs to heat the rear tire. :p guaranteed pass

tractorboy

Now wheres my staples button...thats was easy!!

Instructor did ask me to pull a wheelie from "here to the stop sign" I said "look, Im 40 and Gravity hurts more that it used to.......dont have the time or patience for that! "

Also funny as my bike has never had an issues and all of a sudden right before the test my throttles stuck open ( must have been from Toyota) and my foot brake switch didnt release...so he stops the test and asked me why Im riding the break,,I said what and looked at it and it was on full time. Took a second and adjusted it...Rest of the test I had to do damn hand signals..........!!!

Notice in the first pic the instructor is not even watching me! HA!
:iconbeer:

Attachments

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bikerchick13

Hey I have to take mine this Friday,I'm 38 and I was a little nervee at first but I'm prayed up and I'm going to pass. I mean what can they do tell you "That you have to take it again."I had to take my CDL twice. You will do fine just breath and ride.

pyrocpu

You could be a smartass and take the test on a 150cc scooter... the law views them as motorcycles, and believe me, they're super easy on the figure-8 turn! :D

MikeN02

You could be a smartass and take the test on a 150cc scooter... the law views them as motorcycles, and believe me, they're super easy on the figure-8 turn! :D
The kid who took the test on the scooter when I took my class fell twice.

pyrocpu

The kid who took the test on the scooter when I took my class fell twice.
JFC.

1) Epic fail!
2) That person shouldn't be on two-wheels, motorized or otherwise.

Detrich

congrats on passing the test! :)

for me, msf was the best route- since i had no bike at the time to take the test with... kekekeke :p msf was an interesting mix of ppl tho. most of the ppl in my class were older truck drivers who rode harley or cruisers. and, they said their bikes were simply too wide to take the dmv test, so they had to do msf. there were also maybe 3 or 4 teenagers who were itching to hop on a sports bike as soon as they got their license. i think that they don't realize that riding on the streets is a lot more dangerous than doing circles in an isolated parking lot with an instructor guiding you... lol

MDRaven0223

I took the MSF course in Florida to get my license. Had two young guys taking it with me who had never ridden before but already bought there 1000+ sport bikes. Both lost control of the Intruder 250's we were using... :banghead: