I have 2005 r6 headers but.....

Jepoy005

Guys well i bought a 2005 r6 headers and they fit just fine, but the problem is my slip on wont fit.

Should the slip on go INSIDE of the inlet or should it be outside?

When i tried it on earlier the slip on went INSIDE of the inlet, but the clamp isn't doing anything or holding up the slip on.

I will post some pictures later after i've taken pictures of it.

PLS HELP!!!!

LS6TT

By fit just fine do you mean you didn't have to modify the header to fit?

The slip on should go outside, you'll need to visit a exhaust shop and have them make you a little piece that will step down the exhaust to the slip on.

Jepoy005

By fit just fine do you mean you didn't have to modify the header to fit?

The slip on should go outside, you'll need to visit a exhaust shop and have them make you a little piece that will step down the exhaust to the slip on.
Tnx for replying.

I bent the headers by half an inch so it wont touch the oil pan, but when i installed the headers and i was about to put on the slip on the darn thing went inside of the inlet.

argghh.....

So i have to take the freaking headers off again and let them fix it or whatever you said?????

LS6TT

Okay gotcha, was about to get excited that I wouldn't have to mod a header.lol

No, I'd leave the headers on, yank the farings and venture up to the exhaust shop, they'll need the bike to mock the bends.

Jepoy005

Okay gotcha, was about to get excited that I wouldn't have to mod a header.lol

No, I'd leave the headers on, yank the farings and venture up to the exhaust shop, they'll need the bike to mock the bends.
I think everybody did fine considering this mod except for bending the pipe so it wont touch the oil pan.

But..... why cant i fit this darn slip-on as easy as everyone else.....

abyss1406

you could have and exhaust shop throw some tack welds on it