I didn't know UPS ships motorcycles?!

Fizzer6R

wow are they bad - they picked up the crated bike Wed. 8/15, checked the tracking next day and shows "Exception" Arrangements for appointment attempted. umm they never contacted me. I know from experience w/fedex, they also use this exception excuse in their tracking, assume to delay the shipment. so i called UPS Thurs and clueless rep said someone will be contacting me to arrange, but they couldn't provide a # for me to call and the arrival terminal will do this once received. tracking still showed origination address, so i was worried this causing delay. fired off an email to UPS cust.serv. - get a reply "has been misrouted, attempting to locate this shipment" also asking for details of crate, color, size, weight, and also contact info for shipper. quality job there they don't have contact info for shipper?! prob. didn't bother to look up, just their auto reply :mad:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

just a cruiser, old vulcan. it's insured, and can predict a claim is gonna be needed now from it being mishandled while lost

Fizzer6R

still lost. UPS says it can only be in 1 of 3 places, and they think it's at their hub in memphis but they haven't found it yet. b*tches

travisH3

lol thats ridiculous. i thought my cousin was crazy shipping his ducati 996 but it got there okay surprisingly. i dont think i would take the risk if i was the one having to ship it. hope they get it sorted out :)

danieljardim

lol thats ridiculous. i thought my cousin was crazy shipping his ducati 996 but it got there okay surprisingly. i dont think i would take the risk if i was the one having to ship it. hope they get it sorted out :)
I need to ship a motorcycle from florida to here in jersey and I used uship.com

they were pretty good.

LS6TT

How do you loose a motorcycle????
youd be amazed at the size of crates and packages that are at the various shipping hubs. We got to tour some before we inked our contract with FedEx. Im amazed more of the smaller packages dont get lost in these warehouses.

Fizzer6R

just like small boxes, they're suppose to scan em into their system every step of the way. they're saying someone didn't do that, so it got onto a truck and now no one knows where it is. it's prob. sitting at a location and literally they don't know where. figure someone would say hey that 500+ lb box hasn't moved in a couple days, what's up with it? ups has asked the shipper for every detail of it, color of crate, any special markings etc as they have to find the needle in the haystack. wtf over.

i've been the seller and shipped a couple bikes before and luckily all of em have arrived no problems, while they were sent just strapped

Fizzer6R

I need to ship a motorcycle from florida to here in jersey and I used uship.com

they were pretty good.
daniel what did it cost you?

i'll have to get a quote from uship and see for the next. the way i understand it is, you give the details and then they bid on the quote, so unless you keep using the same provider for service, you may get dif. options depending on who's available for the time per route needed

bmw675

daniel what did it cost you?

i'll have to get a quote from uship and see for the next. the way i understand it is, you give the details and then they bid on the quote, so unless you keep using the same provider for service, you may get dif. options depending on who's available for the time per route needed
isn't uship the same company on that 'shipping wars' show?

danieljardim

isn't uship the same company on that 'shipping wars' show?
Never watched the show.

Uship, you put your information on it and companies send you offers to bring the bike. I got quotes from 600 to my final price 248.00.

It was a guy that was already coming up with one bike and one boat and had room for 1 more bike. Worked great.

You can put anything on uship, cars, bikes, boats, pianos.

I used once, couple friends used and everybody liked.

Fizzer6R

any forum members in Vancouver? - if so, please wave for me to a 500lb crated bike if you see it, cause it's mine! yes i'm not kidding, UPS fright thought it was heading to Seattle late last week and still didn't stop it from going to Canada! :mad: guess the good news is they found it, but still watta f'ing joke!!

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Fizzer6R

They shipped it to YVR? If it shipped UPS Air and ended up in Spokane, we'd have spotted it quick.
shipment started/crate picked up in AR headed to NC, went through UPS hub in TN via truck and got routed to WA, which at last update (end of last week) they thought/narrowed down to as they checked. called them monday to see, rep. said oh it's been found in Vancouver, and they have to xfer me to another rep. in that dept. - that dept. said oh yes great news missing is located, bad news of course now it's gonna take that much longer to arrive back where it's suppose to, by next week.

at this point yes i'm happy, however considering it's traveled literally 3x the distance it was scheduled to, have lost hope it will be delivered w/o damage. oh well, they'll have a very hard time denying a claim now.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member