I can't make up my mind!!

Haven68

So what do you guys think should I take it back to full fairing or leave it naked, I can't make up my mind [emoji51][emoji27][emoji33]<br />
<br />
<br/>

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Ride it how it is for now, 6 months time change it.
I dont understand your hurry, it is your isn't?

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

adamo3957

Ride it how it is for now, 6 months time change it.
I dont understand your hurry, it is your isn't?

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
Buy the one with the biggest duke...

Duke not an option, Buy the one that gives the biggest boner.

I don't even need to edit my normal response...

latony007

another vote for the fairings. first i just think if your going to get a sport bike it should look like a sport bike. Second too many naked bikes out lately its reminding me of a fad that will pass in a couple years. Of course i could be totally wrong :)

yillbs

fairings please, the bike has them for a reason, it looks sexier that way. If you wanted naked, you should have got the bigger, more powerful brother the fz6.
With that said, when you look at our bikes from the back they look FAT as shit, so in THAT aspect i wish it was naked, but that's about all.

Another vote for fairings from me : ) :D:D:D:D:D

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Haven68

I think that's the thing I never really ride on the highway, and when I'm out (on private property) it is 10 times easier to ride wheelies when the plastics are off, probably because it takes all that bulk off the front end, plus it accelerates a lot faster, I'm not trying to drag race other streetfighters or anything but the groop of guys I ride with, mostly gsxr 750s, I can keep up with them pretty well in the twisties, so visually I think it looks better with the fairings but as far as the way I like to ride I love it naked, maybe I will just switch back and forth every few months, for now I'm glad it's naked though mostly because I'm gonna have to take the fuel tank off and check for a gas leek, kinda smells funny when I'm riding and you can really smell it when it's parked after riding, fun for the rest of the afternoon I guess

danieljardim

I personally like naked bikes because no wind buff on your head.

But bikes originally with fairings modified to naked look goofy for the fact that the frame has a million holes and brackets for the fairings.

A originally naked bike the frame has a cleaner look.

So I vote for fairings.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

iaminsider

I personally like naked bikes because no wind buff on your head.

But bikes originally with fairings modified to naked look goofy for the fact that the frame has a million holes and brackets for the fairings.

A originally naked bike the frame has a cleaner look.

So I vote for fairings.
100% agreed. I love naked bikes as well but I am NOT a fan of the streetfighter look. To me they look halfa$$ed.

Brock Kickass

I think nakeds look ok. Like the FZ1 pictured here, the FZ6R is available as a naked bike outside the US market. Because of that, it can look pretty clean in naked form, especially if you import stock parts. As far as the "hard to ride at speed" thing, I guess it's subjective. I have been riding this bike for 3 seasons now. I have done long trips, sustained freeway riding at 80+MPH, and high speed track carving on it, and find it no worse or better than a faired bike until I hit about 130+MPH, then it can get a bit hard to hold on to. At those speeds an R1 would definitely be easier to deal with. However, for the number of times I have hit speeds like that and the length of time I have sustained speeds like that, it is really not an issue because it hardly ever happens.

*Standard disclaimer: All high speed antics were performed on a track or other private property.

Bert-Aus

Brock your FZ1N is dripping with sex!!!!

She is very nice -indeed

*apologies if I am being ambiguous about my appreciation of your ride

I rode my father's Er-6n (or factory naked ninja 650R) and i personally hated the experience. It was as though i was being choked by the wind at 70 mph and at 80 mph I was being ripped from the handlebars. I am looking at a dualsport but will leave that to back roads only... literally! XD

adamo3957

If you feel your being ripped off the bike by the wind at 80mph (130kph) your not riding it right...

Personally up to 100mph (160kph) I feel fine, 120-140mph (190-220kph) is where you just lay on the tank...

You have to angle yourself into the wind, so bum back a bit more, bend the arms and away you go...

abyss1406

Do it Naked!!! i dont think ill go back to fairings till i hit Washington state

buzzbomb

Elite Member