I cannot be FZ6inNH any more!

reiobard

Eric, did you happen to leave a card to this site under the seat or anything for the next owner?

N

Norm

Congrats Eric. Sounds like you've been ready to move up for a long time now. She's a monster I hear.:thumbup:

F

FZ1inNH

Eric, did you happen to leave a card to this site under the seat or anything for the next owner?
Nope, I didn't. :(

I checked out their site along with their ebay store though... the stock windscreen and fender are online. I know the fender is mine because it still has the zip-tied bag of screws I put on it.

So that means they are selling it WITH all the mods. ;)

F

FZ1inNH

Congrats Eric. Sounds like you've been ready to move up for a long time now. She's a monster I hear.:thumbup:
The differences are incredible! I feel guilty in a way because I haven't even given the FZ6 a second though... just that damned TS seat... that is what is driving me crazy. :D If I hadn't carved the stock seat, I'd have traded it out and insisted on keeping it to sell here.

I really like the ergos of this one over the FZ6 though. and I've had zero issues with hands, arms, elbows, wrists, etc.... I didn't have a lot with the FZ6 but still some. Nothing here.

The power is jaw-dropping.... Effortless to get into trouble if you're not careful!

Thanks Norm!

reiobard

The differences are incredible! I feel guilty in a way because I haven't even given the FZ6 a second though... just that damned TS seat... that is what is driving me crazy. :D If I hadn't carved the stock seat, I'd have traded it out and insisted on keeping it to sell here.

I really like the ergos os this one over the FZ6 though. and I've had zero issues with hands, arms, elbows, wrists, etc.... I didn't have a lot with the FZ6 but still some. Nothing here.

The power is jaw-dropping.... Effortless to get into trouble if you're not careful!

Thanks Norm!

Be careful, you are making me want to "borrow" yours more and more for a test rip. I love my FZ6 but if you are raving this hard about something else then i might need to consider it for a year or two down the road.

C

CrazyBiker

^^^ Same reason why I am going bonkers over mine. I hardly touched the FZ6 since I have got the FZ1.

C

CrazyBiker

The power is so great and smooth on this one that you can hardly realize that you are going 90-100mph. IMO, this is great for touring. Like I mentioned in my detailed review here: http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/15716-beast-has-arrived.html

1. Much Greater and Smoother power delivery. You don't feel you are going fast
  2. Much better handling
  3. Looks much better
  4. Much higher quality components if you peak below the tank. Even the toolkit is made of a thicker non-tearable material
  5. Great body position and wife is happier at the back
  6. 550w alternator o/p vs FZ6's 200w o/p

F

FZ1inNH

The power is so great and smooth on this one that you can hardly realize that you are going 90-100mph. IMO, this is great for touring. Like I mentioned in my detailed review here: http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/15716-beast-has-arrived.html

1. Much Greater and Smoother power delivery. You don't feel you are going fast
  2. Much better handling
  3. Looks much better
  4. Much higher quality components if you peak below the tank. Even the toolkit is made of a thicker non-tearable material
  5. Great body position and wife is happier at the back
  6. 550w alternator o/p vs FZ6's 200w o/p
what ^^^^ said!

#6 just made my day. I didn't look into that but now that I know I can actually run MORE than a set of heated gloves, like maybe a whole liner?!?!? I am VERY happy!

1 through 5? Couldn't agree more.

I still love the FZ6 but I don't miss it. :ban:

C

CrazyBiker

#6 just made my day. I didn't look into that but now that I know I can actually run MORE than a set of heated gloves, like maybe a whole liner?!?!? I am VERY happy!

I still love the FZ6 but I don't miss it. :ban:
That was my same reaction when I got to know the alternator output.

I don't miss it either :thumbup:

O

oldfast007

Your both Ill;) you can't forget your first love :shakehead: can you...

Enjoy!

F

FZ1inNH

Your both Ill;) you can't forget your first love :shakehead: can you...

Enjoy!
No... because my first true two-wheel love was the 1982 Honda CB750F Supersport which I bought, did not insure, stunted and totalled! :squid: :eek: Expensive lesson and lesson WELL learned!

From what I understand, this bike gets better and smoother over time too. She's got some rough "edges" but I'll smooth her out as I go. :D

When we riding?!?!? Do you want to come down for the Busted Knuckle Garage event on the 20th with Rob and I? The entire front of an FZ6 will be modeled piece by piece!

O

oldfast007

Youv'e got my attention...explain further please:confused:(sounds good to me) I'm up for a challenge..I think.
As far as this weekend, weather looks questionable at best, your thoughts...I'm game sunday if it looks good !!

F

FZ1inNH

Youv'e got my attention...explain further please:confused:(sounds good to me) I'm up for a challenge..I think.
As far as this weekend, weather looks questionable at best, your thoughts...I'm game sunday if it looks good !!
Well, Rob bought my Racetech Springs so we're going to install those with some slightly heavier fork oil all while stuffing our faces. We also plan on taking the steering head apart to either inspect and repack the head bearings, or, replace them with a set of All Balls is Rob buys them. So, his bike will be at my place, the food will be flowing and the wrenches turning. :thumbup: If any others would like to hang out, watch, or participate... maybe even do a mod on their own bike, please feel free to reply here and we can make it a mod meet!

Keira will be there, I believe, with Cadence so we can meet the newest member!

We hope to wrap up and do some riding local to test and shake down Rob's bike and make adjustments as needed.

Let me know if you plan on coming so I can adjust the grocery list. :D

reiobard

mod meet it is :)

Wavex, west coasters are welcomed as well!!!

Wavex

hahah we've been talking about Eric coming down to CA for some riding, but I would love to do the opposite and come meet you guys! Unfortunately, with no vacation and a 6months pregnant wife, I aint going anywhere anytime soon :rof:

You guys have fun though and post a couple of pics of the party! :cheers:

reiobard

hahah we've been talking about Eric coming down to CA for some riding, but I would love to do the opposite and come meet you guys! Unfortunately, with no vacation and a 6months pregnant wife, I aint going anywhere anytime soon :rof:

You guys have fun though and post a couple of pics of the party! :cheers:
I doubt that pictures will be an issue... I am looking forward to tearing my bike apart to the point that i am scared and beyond...

N

Norm

Damn Eric, you're killing me. Now I've been back to the Yamaha site 300 times and thinking about that FZ1. I'm checking out mileage and insurance rates and damn, damn, damn. I was so content just 48 hours ago. If I walk into the dealership I'm done for...must resist...