Hyperpro rising rate springs?

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Chucker

Your best options are the Hyperpro progessives or the Race Tech straight rate. Just getting the right spring rates, front and back, for your weight will make a big difference. Additionally, the stock fork oil is 5W, which is good for cartridge forks, but you need to go to 15W or 20W for our damper rod forks.

You'll be happy with either spring. The biggest difference is the progessives are much softer in the first 1/3 of the travel.

wtnotch

Your best options are the Hyperpro progessives or the Race Tech straight rate. Just getting the right spring rates, front and back, for your weight will make a big difference. Additionally, the stock fork oil is 5W, which is good for cartridge forks, but you need to go to 15W or 20W for our damper rod forks.

You'll be happy with either spring. The biggest difference is the progessives are much softer in the first 1/3 of the travel.
+1 on getting the right spring rates.

I've managed to try both Hyperpro and RaceTech springs. One thing that i did notice was that with the stock forks (no RaceTech Emulator valve), the progressive Hyperpro springs take away a bit more of the expansion joint hits on the freeway. My current setup is RaceTech valves in the forks, a HyperPro shock in the rear and progressive Hyperpro progressive springs all around. If i get to the track next year, I'll stick the straight rate springs back on.

Russ

zaclaw

I don't plan on doing much track/racing with it. I go on rides a couple times a month with some buddies though doing windies through the mountains. Thank you all for your input.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Chucker

For what you do Marthy, I'd go with the Hyperpros. I think, if you lived in an area with lots of twisties or you took your bike to the track, Race Tech would be better, but you'll be really good with the progressives.