Hypermiling

pilninggas

When I was in Holland a few weeks back, I rode from Den Helder to the Hague @ 55mph. As the landscape is flat with no grades at all, and there was no wind, I was getting 82 mpg-imperial or about 68mpg-US. Was in the slow lane all the way, but did result in a cheap holiday.

CDN6R

That was really good milage. My 6R,, I put on a +1 sprocket..short shifted to high gear (6th) and rode 90 KMH (55MPH) for about 160 KMS (100miles) and it yeilded 70 MPG (Imperial). There was some wind and some rather large hills,,and lots of cars passing me:rolleyes:

WhiteFZ

I have been really trying to eke out the best gas mileage this last tankful. In the mornings, I draft the big Metro Buses in the HOV lanes, they only go 65-70mph tops, so the revs are only around 6000RPM, and there's little wind drag. When not drafting I keep the speed under 70mph. I got 56mpg the last tank. That beats the usual 48mpg I have been getting.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bigddy263

I have been really trying to eke out the best gas mileage this last tankful. In the mornings, I draft the big Metro Buses in the HOV lanes, they only go 65-70mph tops, so the revs are only around 6000RPM, and there's little wind drag. When not drafting I keep the speed under 70mph. I got 56mpg the last tank. That beats the usual 48mpg I have been getting.
I got 59.9 mpg on that last tankful. Like I said earlier, that was a lot of 55mph straight road and lots of short shifting. I'm not trying to ride like that all of the time, but it was nice to see what it could do. I usually get around 50mpg anyway.

WhiteFZ

Just filled her up, got 55mpg. I expected a little better, but a great number for sure.