HR1 Slip-On Exhaust

0150r

I've been looking thru a lot of threads regarding exhausts, but haven't seen anything posted on the "HR1" exhaust from HR 1 EXHAUST

It looks to be a slip on (quote from the description of their youtube video: "it will get rid of your cat system and bolt right to the back of your stock header."). Their website doesn't list it unfortunately. I will be emailing them for some more info on availability and pricing. Would a PCV be a good idea with a slip-on?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHa1_I4pZgY]Yamaha FZ6R 09- HR1 Exhaust system cat elem kit - YouTube[/ame]

richierich781

looks pretty good, probably have to do your own cutting since you cant unbolt the cat

6R Blackout

IMO if you do any exhaust mod, it is good to put at PC or Juice Box!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

I called and left a message but they haven't responded back yet. I'm curious what the kit comes with and how is it done/ pricing!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no such thing as a slip on for our bike. The entire exhaust system is one solid unit. For this to work, you will have to cut off the cat and muffler and either weld or clamp whatever they are offering in their "kit" to the cut header pipes.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

z21-i

They have designed some sort "manifold" to go on the pipes. Guess you have to cut off the stock converter/muffler and install the manifold. Price is $440

z21-i

Hr1

So I had a few emails with the HR1 people, they also sent me a few pics. You cut the stock exhaust off while it is on the bike and they supply a machined adapter to go over the cut stock pipe. The ID of the adapter accepts a another pipe which attaches to the muffler. This idea of not having to remove the entire exhaust is appealing. I also like the adjustable back pressure feature which should allow you to run stock ECU and upgrade to Juice Box or PCV later.

Any opinions on the bolt on type design ?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

So I had a few emails with the HR1 people, they also sent me a few pics. You cut the stock exhaust off while it is on the bike and they supply a machined adapter to go over the cut stock pipe. The ID of the adapter accepts a another pipe which attaches to the muffler. This idea of not having to remove the entire exhaust is appealing. I also like the adjustable back pressure feature which should allow you to run stock ECU and upgrade to Juice Box or PCV later.

Any opinions on the bolt on type design ?
:thumbup:

Sounds good to me, just about exactly what I did with mine. I have been saying this all along, cut at flange and use reducer to tip pipe, slide tip on.
Leaving a little back pressure is good, and this helps to reduce pop back, which mine has none.

z21-i

pics

First, I am not so sure about leaving your stock maps as is after an exhaust upgrade. Whether or not it is bolt up, it still allows for more air flow, and when there is more air, you need more fuel to balance the ratio.

The bolt up design doesn't come together in my head. From your description, it doesn't sound like it would be very secure. Is there anyway for you to upload the pics here? It does sound like a cool idea, just seems a little not so clean to me. Would definitely be pretty awesome if it works.
I was trying to keep the cost down not the sound. My thought was I could increase back pressure to allow for removal of stock system and add PCV later when funds permit.

Attachments