How's your stock battery holding up?

latony007

if you want ASAP, your local walmart prob. has a replacement, you might be able to look it up on their website.

I have a link saved, member JSP said he got one here and was happy with it, could msg him to see if still holding up as it's been cpl years
YT12B-4 Battery | Scorpion 12 Volt Motorcycle Batteries

personally I'd go cheap, this in Pomona, California
GEL UT12B-4 YT12B-BS 12V Battery for Yamaha YZF R6 R1 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003

amazon
Amazon.com: TMS Ct12b-4 Gt12b-4 Yt12b-4 Yt12b-bs Motorcycle Gel Battery for Yamaha YZR R1 R6 Xvs650 V Star Kawasaki Zx1000 Ninja Zx 10r Ducati Monster Street Fighter: Automotive
these orange Gel ones good? i have bought from that ebay seller before and always been ok. Of course i am still trying to get the dealer to replace it for Free. they want me to bring it in this weekend.

latony007

well i had the battery on charge for 5 days aftet the incident and it still was not green. it started the bike ok but sounded a little low. I took to the dealer and they said charging system was good, battery was low and they replaced it at no charge. didnt even make me fill out any paperwork. Glad they took care of it since i warned them in the beginning there was something wrong with it. If i had not had it tendered all the time im sure it would have died out a long time ago. When i took the new one home and threw it on the tender it was green within a few hours.