Howdy All

milepig

First off, Greeting to all :)

I ride a '04 Honda VFR and my wife a Rebel, she's ready to make the move up, and she's very interested in the FZ6R, trying to cut a deal on a held over '09 right now. Anywho, I'm wondering how good the electrial system on the 6R is, say if she wanted heated grip and an outlet for heated clothing, will this bikes electrical system cut the muster?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
You will have no problem with heated gear. The electrical system can definitely handle it. Just make sure you run an in-line fuse when wiring it all up. There are a few members already using heated gear and grips, and to my knowledge they haven't had any trouble. :thumbup:

Oh BTW, :welcome: We are always glad to add more people to our forum. If you get the FZ6R for your wife, come back and let us know how she likes it!

milepig

You will have no problem with heated gear. The electrical system can definitely handle it. Just make sure you run an in-line fuse when wiring it all up. There are a few members already using heated gear and grips, and to my knowledge they haven't had any trouble. :thumbup:

Oh BTW, :welcome: We are always glad to add more people to our forum. If you get the FZ6R for your wife, come back and let us know how she likes it!
Thanks for the info on the electrical system, and thank you for the welcome. A litte update: We just cut the deal on the '09 :) Can't help but to believe she'll like (love) it :thumbup:

FitZ6R

Congratulations and welcome! :thumbup:

gearhead

That's great and welcome to FZ6R insanity! This is an awesome forum. Any idea of what kind of heated grips you'll be picking up?