How well will it stand up?

Sage

It doesn't look like much is there from what the pictures show and sure doesn't look like your normal backprotectors/vests such and the field armor and alpinestars equivalent gear. It is listed as CE approved and is full length back and is alot of mesh. What do you guys think?

KNOX FastBack Back Protector

Detrich

is this a new product? it looks pretty good so far... just wish that it wrapped around & covered the ribs more.

everyone i know that's gone down hard has fractured a few ribs. so, when i buy some real under armor i'm definitely getting something that offers rib protection. it's an often overlooked part of the body, as most ppl only get back + chest.

iSpoolin

I'll never trust my life to mesh. Sorry.

DragonBlu

It looks cool though,with that I would look like I have a six pack instead of a keg.:D Maybe I ought to get one to wear in the evening at home.

Detrich

lol @ dragonblue. xP

CrazyCawi

It doesnt show whats inside :( Thats what matters here. Take a look at the A* and dainese armour jackets(not the actual jackets but the armour jackets listed under protection)...I think they have it figured out

Anything can be CE approved as thats an impact grade material foam. Most jackets have a back "pad" and thats what this looks like, which is designed to transfer energy but IMO wont protect for crap. You need a shell of some sort for true protection

raven6

It doesn't look like much is there from what the pictures show and sure doesn't look like your normal backprotectors/vests such and the field armor and alpinestars equivalent gear. It is listed as CE approved and is full length back and is alot of mesh. What do you guys think?

KNOX FastBack Back Protector

Hummmm. friend of mine uses this exact back-protector for track days, under his leathers of course.. anyway at the last track day we went to he went down in front of me, a low-side at more than 90 mph... hit his back/left side and slid for a good while... he got up and walked off...

later when the EMT's checked him out, he said it really didn't feel like he had hit his back at all... dude told him the back armor saved him from a busted shoulder bade at the least..

its Knox... some of the best body armor in the world...

on a side note this is what I'm using... Alpinestars Track Vest from SportbikeTrackGear.com and I love it...

See red

Man girdle? I guess at a track that would be good under leathers, but, on the street I am thinking might be nice for a nap if there's no grass maybe. If it is in fact honey comb it would not be able to move, if it's a pad, MAYBE good in conjuction with other gear but not alone.

Stephenfz6r

According to the Revit video's about their gear, Knox is considered the upgrade when you select which protection you want. So I presume they make better than average CE approved Gear.:thumbup: