How to remove ties in rear fender. Please help!

AL72

I want to remove the rear turn signals from the stock fender, but the wires are routed by a very strange kind of ties attached to the left side of the fender. How can I remove those ties without breaking it?
And how can I remove the turn signals itself? I see only some kind of clip (no bolts)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

latony007

i cant remember but it was pretty simple to get to the signal wires, it was the brake wires that were in a bundle up under the rear seat. Im pretty sure the signals just unbolted off the fender. I know the new ones just bolted on the FE plate. here is a pict of it done.

Attachments

AL72

Thanks latony007, the problem is that I can loosen 3 ties (cable holders) located in the left side of the fender, It had a kind of anchor I've never seen before.

Thanks!

AL72

I haven't been in there in about 2 years, but if they are zip ties, cut them and put new ones in.
Are retainers like this, with a zip tie molded:

I think I'll have to cut

Thank you!

Attachments

AL72

Job done!

I cut this retainer/tie and used zip ties to attach the plate light wires.

Job done, thanks for your help!

474kz

i cant remember but it was pretty simple to get to the signal wires, it was the brake wires that were in a bundle up under the rear seat. Im pretty sure the signals just unbolted off the fender. I know the new ones just bolted on the FE plate. here is a pict of it done.
Hi Tony,
Nice tail light lights mate. Where'd you get the license plate with the led lights on from?

Cheers