How to install Front turn signals on your 2012 Yamaha fz-6r

Which front turn signals look the best to you?

• Stock signals

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • flush mount

Votes: 43 60.6%
  • LED slim stalk

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • integrated into air box mesh guard

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

surfphotochris

I just finished installing some new LED turn signals on my 2012 fz6r. The install is super easy and fun. Whether your putting on flush mounts, protons, rizoma, or any other aftermarket turn signals the install is very much the same. I opted for some cheap, slim, LED stalk style lights. I got the lights on ebay from a super cool guy who has all sorts of FZ6R parts for sale. I actually bought his Fender eliminator kit too! Super cool and cheap stuff!

EBAY STORE

I have attached a few files to this post on "How to install front turn signals" on your 2012 Yamaha FZ-6R.

Enjoy!

P.s. These do come with a third wire so you do not lose the running light function. They look awesome!

Attachments

surfphotochris

update

So the images uploaded are super small... PM me if you would like the file in larger format (.pdf) and i will happily email it to you.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

surfphotochris

pics of fender eliminator

Here are 2 pics of fender eliminator. The Fender eliminator kits are pretty nice! I love the look of the LED stalk lights as it keeps the almost stock look but cleans it up a lot! You lose all that amber lens look of the huge stock lights. I definitely suggest this setup as it has cleaned up the look of my bike dramatically.

Next steps for me are clip-on handle bars, bar end mirrors, tinted windshield, and then on to performance when I get the cash!

Enjoy!

Attachments

cyberal

I bought this exact FE kit with 4 turn signals:
2009 2010 2011 FZ6R FZ-6R CFIBER FENDER ELIMINATOR 4T/S | eBay

I had to follow the instructions on this post to get the running light functionality for the fron turn signals (using the resistor and diode solution): Converting 2-wire to 3 wire Signals : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

The downside for me, was that instead of getting dim lights across all LEDs, what I get is dim lights for only 4 of them. I'm not too happy with that, but I guess it's better than nothing.

My question for you is: Where did you find the 3-wire turn signals? I searched on eBay and was never able to find them. Also, from the pics, it seems like the running lights are white. Is that true?

surfphotochris

I emailed the seller from ebay directly and asked for them. He gladly sent them to me and will have ads up on ebay for them soon.

YES, the running lights are white and the blinkers are amber colored lights. They look great! But, I have had to be more careful when driving in the daytime as with any aftermarket light setup they are small so stupid people driving 4-wheel cars never look for you or your signals. Use caution! They are super bright though and at nigth they are stunning!

BoneJj

I bought this exact FE kit with 4 turn signals:
2009 2010 2011 FZ6R FZ-6R CFIBER FENDER ELIMINATOR 4T/S | eBay

I had to follow the instructions on this post to get the running light functionality for the fron turn signals (using the resistor and diode solution): Converting 2-wire to 3 wire Signals : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

The downside for me, was that instead of getting dim lights across all LEDs, what I get is dim lights for only 4 of them. I'm not too happy with that, but I guess it's better than nothing.

My question for you is: Where did you find the 3-wire turn signals? I searched on eBay and was never able to find them. Also, from the pics, it seems like the running lights are white. Is that true?
I'm kind of digging that rear FE setup with the 4 lights like that. I want to get something like that have a set of them be secondary running lights to add a little more visibility to rear of my bike. That quad light setup makes for an interesting setup that I'm liking. I might have to play with that one.
I emailed the seller from ebay directly and asked for them. He gladly sent them to me and will have ads up on ebay for them soon.

YES, the running lights are white and the blinkers are amber colored lights. They look great! But, I have had to be more careful when driving in the daytime as with any aftermarket light setup they are small so stupid people driving 4-wheel cars never look for you or your signals. Use caution! They are super bright though and at nigth they are stunning!
You could always just take them apart and swap them for higher powered LEDs, get some lumiled superflux LEDs in there and you should be doing nice.

I actually want to convert my stock front signals on the ninja 1k to be running and turn signal from the same bulb. I think I will have to try out that other method mentioned above for that one. I really like the style of the signals on the ninja 1k I just don't like that they don't double as running lights as well.

There has to be other manufactures though that make those dual running lights with the white and then amber for turn in a larger format. Someone has to have them out there.

Detrich

since it's a street bike and not a race bike, per say, i still like the stocks- only because it makes the bike a little wider and more visible to cars. yes, it's not the most aesthetic, but it looks proportional and in-line with the overall appearance of the bike, imo... if it were setup to be a track or race bike, then for sure no signals looks better...

BoneJj

well, the domes look to be different plastic so I'm betting they aren't the same LEDs on the inside of them either.

or they are and they are just ripping your a lot of cash....