How repalce the Rear Brake Pedal!

freemanjc

Does anybody have any good set of instructions on how to replace the rear brake pedal. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

V/R

Free

Last edited by a moderator:

Harda toenail

On my gen1 fz1, all I had to do was remove the clamp to the ball-and-socket connection then unscrew the side of it. I'll go take mine off the 6r and report back to you. Give me a couple mins

Harda toenail

Ok, little more involved but anyone should be able to do it. Grab some good Allen wrenches or allen drill attachments. Remove the flat screw with the smaller Allen hole. Next take the rear set off (the long piece that holds both the right side pegs). The easiest thing to do would be to completely remove it. NExt, at the top of the brake lever is a nail with a pin in it. Bend the pin and slide it through then slide the nail out. Now the tension on the two springs is released so just detach them. Your brake pedal should now be completely free.

Btw, you didn't drop your bike and bend the pedal did you?

Edit: looks like it takes less than 10 mins with the right tools lol (used an impact drill for those torqued rear set screws)

freemanjc

Ok, little more involved but anyone should be able to do it. Grab some good Allen wrenches or allen drill attachments. Remove the flat screw with the smaller Allen hole. Next take the rear set off (the long piece that holds both the right side pegs). The easiest thing to do would be to completely remove it. NExt, at the top of the brake lever is a nail with a pin in it. Bend the pin and slide it through then slide the nail out. Now the tension on the two springs is released so just detach them. Your brake pedal should now be completely free.

Btw, you didn't drop your bike and bend the pedal did you?

Edit: looks like it takes less than 10 mins with the right tools lol (used an impact drill for those torqued rear set screws)
Thanks so much and yes I layed it down trying to brake while turning in a curve with sand. I just completed my MSC this weekend and wish I knew not to brake while turning. Would have been helpful. The pedal is bent to far to bend it back. The Brake pedal tip is face to the left! :). I really appreciate your help. i will report back once its completed tonight.

profi247

Thanks for this thread, I am trying to replace the brake pedal too and it helped out a lot. Now I ordered new pedal and noticed that the parts catalog does not show where the second (black) spring goes. Any pics of this?

Attachments

Last edited:

2416ryan

Harda toenail, freemanjc, thanks for the instructions and thread. I was able to remove my rear brake pedal because of it. Tomorrow I will put it back.

I was riding down the freeway late at night, and I felt something hit my right foot back pretty hard (I didn't even know what it was, something either flew off the pickup truck in front of me, or to the side of it), When I got to the off-ramp, I went to brake and realized my rear brake wasn't there. :eek: See the attached picture. I'm very thankful it didn't hit me dead on or cause me to go down. Going to try to avoid ever driving in the dark again..

I got my new rear brake from here:
20S-27200-01-00 PEDAL, BRAKE $38.64

I though the price would be way higher to get this new part.

Attachments