How much did you pay for your FZ6R?

jammer

My 6R

$6700 OTD. Brand new 2013 in May 2014:D

jon

I bought mine last summer with 1800 miles on it for $3800. Which included a jacket and gloves so prolly more like $3550 for the bike itself.

m3tric

Brand new leftover 2013, just bought on Thursday for $6730 OTD including all fees, tax, title and license. Figured I'd spend a little more instead of trying to haggle with the morons on craigslist selling 2009's for $5.5k+

DJk1llsall

damn, i payed too much, dont even know how it happened, took their 13 off the floor for 7700 out the door, posted at 5900. 2k in taxes and dealer fees seems like a lot of money to me now

jammer

damn, i payed too much, dont even know how it happened, took their 13 off the floor for 7700 out the door, posted at 5900. 2k in taxes and dealer fees seems like a lot of money to me now
Had a local dealer that posted a bike for $5900. When I go there he said that didn't include the battery, any fluids in the bike, pay for the service department to fill and test ride, or any taxes and fees. Went 10 miles away and bought mine and the dealer there just shook his head at this and said he heard that all the time.

lzrj

Just bought mine yesterday. A 2012 black/red with 3,000 miles in mint condition. Got it for $4,300. Original owner bought it in May 2013 for $7,500 all fees. I have all paperwork on it. It also has extended 2 year warranty ($600) along with about $600 in extras including Bluetooth helmet, female helmet, jacket, gloves, lift stand, saddle bags and a rear seat bag. I think I got a great deal.

DCF

4,000 otd from a local dealership. I got a pretty good deal. It's an 09 with 11,800 miles. Runs like a champ. Oh and it already had the two bothers full exhaust and two bothers juice box.......yeah I lucked out

DJk1llsall

Had a local dealer that posted a bike for $5900. When I go there he said that didn't include the battery, any fluids in the bike, pay for the service department to fill and test ride, or any taxes and fees. Went 10 miles away and bought mine and the dealer there just shook his head at this and said he heard that all the time.
i did get a free helmet out of the whole situation though, 95% off any ONE peace of gear, so i bought the $700 arai for just under $40.

manager fed me some bullsh!t about how he could not take off the assembly fee because the bike had to be built at one point or another. either way, nearly free helmet, now i dont have to worry about buying an expensive skid lid for quite some time

JBAX

2013 FZ6R - 1800miles - $6400 OTD

Was just nosing around the internet and found a in White/Black with the chasis tubing red. Aftermkt windscreen. Riser bar (about 2inches up and 1 back). I would actually want the stock setup returned.

Here in Connecticut dealers must charge 6.35% sales tax. Bike is listed at $5800 and the dealer quoted me $6400 all in, out the door.

For those in the states, is this decent? I see lots of used ones 2009-2013 on cycletrader for 4900-5900, most from dealers. But these are not out the door prices, as the other dealers would also charge Tax + Title.

So for a 2013 with 1800miles, would ya for $6400?

I am also thinking that with some negotiating, I can prolly get it OTD for $5800 USD.

Would very much appreciate any input.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

the8thst

I just picked mine up today. 2009 with 5,400 miles for $3,650. I think I got a pretty smoking deal. It doesn't even feel like the is broken in yet.

oldfossyl

Sticker - $7890.00 less trade (2008 Kawasaki EX500) $2000.00, plus sales tax, all fees, and a full 5-year maintenance agreement = $7400.00 cash.

JBAX

BRAND NEW 2013 leftover in White
Bought in PA, registering in Connecticut.

$5,347 Paid to Dealer
$340 CT State Sales Tax (paying this myself at DMV)
$120 CT State Reg Fees (paying this myself at DMV)
$ 50 Title (paying this myself at DMV)
$5,857 Total OTD and on the road!!

Doing my homework and being indecisive, err I mean "patient" paid off. Yamaha apparently was sitting on a number of 2013 leftovers in their own facility. They only just relesaed them to dealers the past 2-4 weeks. They have incentivized them with dealers and it's a quick buck for dealers, because they can sell them at way under invoice and still make a few $$$. Thanks you poor economy and poor weather of 2013, that left Yamaha sitting on brand new bikes!! Thank you, thank you!!:D

All I gotta say, is if you know anyone wanting an FZ6R is go get one, like R.F.N.

Skyfox16

What are some typical prices for fees that dealers add on for new bikes?

This will be my 4th bike purchase and I am really torn between getting used or new.

I was able to find an 09 with 7k miles, 1 owner, never dropped, no mods for $3200 or i found a dealer with a 2013 leftover for $4499 without any fees or tax.

I guess my thinking is spend a little more and have a brand new bike but the other part of me says haggle a little with the used one and try to get it for like 2800-2900 and have a cheaper bike.