How much did you pay for your FZ6R?

ksruffin

$800. 09 fz6r with 7k miles. bought it out of a guys backyard in baltimore , had a clear title but was wrecked only thing salvagable was the frame and bottom end of the motor, replaced everything else and made custom brackets for the headlight and cluster. bought new bodywork off of ebay (OEM replacements) to cover the tail and a new tank (BWC1). replaced the footpegs, hand controls, handlebars, strator and cover, oil pump cover, gaskets, throttle bodies, battery, ignition barrel, gas cap, seat lock (didnt have a key to it) triple tree forks the list goes on and on. Im $2,387 into it and its as clean as a whistle. Clear title inspected and runs like a champ.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member
I think I got a good deal.
I bought a '09 blue 6r with 6000 miles and no issues. Not a scratch and bone stock except a full TBR m2 system with a juice box pro.
I got two helmets two jackets (male and female) and a pair of gloves.
I paid 4000$ cash money from a private seller.
Only thing is the tires were getting old(stock, I think) and brake fluid is kinda dark.
What do y'all think?

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

ksruffin

I have plenty of pics! Just gotta post them to the site. Just became a member a few days ago but plenty of my questions along the way were answered through this site. Love it. Ill be sure to post. The day I brought her home my girlfriend actually said, " you said you were buying a motorcycle why do I see 3 rusted piles of dirty and metal here?" Ha ha. Loaded it in three pieces, frame with what was left of a gas tank and split handle bars, bent forks with a front wheel attached, and a motor that was in a box with random parts. Its been a journey

yfz6r

I have plenty of pics! Just gotta post them to the site. Just became a member a few days ago but plenty of my questions along the way were answered through this site. Love it. Ill be sure to post. The day I brought her home my girlfriend actually said, " you said you were buying a motorcycle why do I see 3 rusted piles of dirty and metal here?" Ha ha. Loaded it in three pieces, frame with what was left of a gas tank and split handle bars, bent forks with a front wheel attached, and a motor that was in a box with random parts. Its been a journey
Sounds like a brutal accident. Did the rider survive?

Great deal. my buddy just paid 8K double what you paid for the same bike. I tried to get him to look at used but he insisted on new. I cant blame him I did the same though lol
I can't me you. I originally wanted to get this bike for a whole then get a liter bike but hell I've changed my mind. I want to stick with the sporty yet comfortable ride.

Just noticed your from Cali JT. I know bikes are way more popular there. Is the market more expensive on bikes there? Been there once And and paid 7$ for a loaf of bread. Lol are bikes like that too?

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

arefz6r

Just bought mine. It is a used bike with 6000 on the odometer and I paid $5000. It has the Givi bags and rack and the center stand already installed. It also has the windshield extension and an auxilary fuse box under the pass seat along with a GPS mount. The Avon tires are fairly new as well. The bike is under the YES until 12/14. Very happy with my deal and thank you Kai for selling it to me.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nytefal

I GOT MY FZ6R TODAY!

2011 Burnt Orange!

1206 kms on the clock.

stock as a rock but thats fine with me!

Picked it up for $9000

I'm from Sydney - bought it from a guy in Canberra - 300 km ride home :D

Bad pic i know but here it is!

I'll take some more pics tomorrow after i clean it up etc - for now i'm gonna sleep - ~12 or so hours in the seat today -.-

Last edited:
Is $8,100 OTD too much to pay for a 2012 FZ6R? I live in south jersey and taxes are rather high. I was wondering as I came upon one in my local dealer.....The salesman also told me I could receive a 10% discount on clothing, helmet, etc. I have a jacket and helmet and want to buy some frame sliders, pants and boots and maybe a nice new leather jacket to go along with the bike.

I am buying my first bike after passing my MSF last year. I have been doing some riding on an old beat up Ninja 250 a friend let me use to practice.

Detrich

^ seems a bit high, but prices vary by state and season. look at Craig's list and also http://www.seedealercost.com/products/zip-code to see what the dealer's invoice price is.

I forget now how much I paid for my 2009 back in Jan 2010. I think it was around $6300 otd and the bike was basically brand new & had like 300 miles on it... I paid $8000 cash for my 2010 R6 in April 2011 and it had like 80 miles on it.

That's why I think the figure u got quoted seems a bit high. :(

xb_guy

$4500 for a 2009 with 4000 miles. Full service and gas fill up records with it. Owned by someone in their late 50s that bought it as a sportier alternative to their Honda Shadow. He just got a new Concours and decided to sell them both. His loss, my gain!

Attachments

dx2killa

Last Aug I bought mine brand new for 7,050 from my local dealer nothing down. with gap, extended warranty and the works little over 9 when I pay it off and not including exhaust etc... Honestly I love the bike but If I could go back in time I probably would have tried to save up or when someone smashed my car I would have bought a used fz6r or a used bike in general. Its only my second bike and still young so I have lots of time :D

bloodypulp

Bought it brand new last sept. Price I'm paying. I don't want to talk about it. But so far worth it. Y.E.S. and first two services from dealer