How much did you pay for your FZ6R?

traverser

$7450 OTD with 4 year add on warranty for 2011 with 1.3 miles I could have done $300 better but that would have given up 4 hours of my life, and I would have had to ride 2 hours in the rain on brand new tires.

txjames

Elite Member
Last edited:

Wooster

I bought my 2011 FZ6R in July of last year brand new. Paid $7,557.00
I was new to bikes so I didn't have much to work with in being able to talk him down.

jdoofz6r

I bought my 2010 bike used from a good dealer I just met. The bike only had 2500 hundred miles and was practically in new condition. They told me the owner actually purchased the bike there about five months earlier and just wanted to upgrade to a bigger sport bike. I payed a grand total of $4999 for my bike, then another 1300 for gear.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Flipflash

Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

I'm Jeff and new to the forum. I will be buying my first bike shortly and was wondering whether $6,299 for 2011 FZ6R was a decent price? I was considering a 2012....but from what I can see and read, the bike has not changed much. I was also looking at a 2012 650 ninja and a 2009 GSX650f. I think the FZ6r would be a better fit for me - the ninja salesman recommended it! I am also considering a ninja or honda 250, but I am worried i will tire of it quickly. I am however, putting some frame sliders on as soon as I can!

I have some riding experience but that was back 1990-1995 while overseas. Life just gets in the way, I guess. Anyway, I will be taking my MSF class shortly to get reacquainted with riding. I am going to see how well I do there and make a decision. Any input on pricing or getting back into riding would be appreciated.

Thanks!

RyEnd

I just bought a 2011 Black/copper brand new for 6,000 OTD. I'll take delivery of it when it gets warmer and be sure to post pictures ;)

I'm Jeff and new to the forum. I will be buying my first bike shortly and was wondering whether $6,299 for 2011 FZ6R was a decent price? I was considering a 2012....but from what I can see and read, the bike has not changed much. I was also looking at a 2012 650 ninja and a 2009 GSX650f. I think the FZ6r would be a better fit for me - the ninja salesman recommended it! I am also considering a ninja or honda 250, but I am worried i will tire of it quickly. I am however, putting some frame sliders on as soon as I can!

I have some riding experience but that was back 1990-1995 while overseas. Life just gets in the way, I guess. Anyway, I will be taking my MSF class shortly to get reacquainted with riding. I am going to see how well I do there and make a decision. Any input on pricing or getting back into riding would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Bike choice is totally up to you and what you want. If you don't think you'll be comfortable on a 600/650, get the 250. Or if cost is an issue, get the 250. If neither of those things are the case, I'd suggest getting the bigger bike. All three of the bikes you listed are fantastic choices. I personally chose the fz6r because of the inline 4 and the fact that I got a pretty good deal on one. They haven't changed from 09-12 besides color choices. I'd pay 6300 OTD for a brand new '11, but who knows, they might go lower!

CBanks2343

I bought my 09 on Feb 11th of 2011 for $4300 out the door brand new off the show room floor...price included helmet, taxes, title, misc fees, etc along with a 15% discount and inspection for life from the shop...

fordfun

I purchased my 2011 Raven Black FZ6R for 6557.00 OTD. I thought that was a pretty good deal, until I read this thread....

Gary

uncharted_FZ6R

I paid $6500 + papers with 0 miles on it. I guess they were deserate for a sale bacause of those times that I've gone to that dealer, there were no customers.