how many years have you ridin for ?

arcflash316

Dirtbikes for 25+ years, and on the street for 10

F

FZ6Rgurl

I've been riding since about March. So 8 months. I've put 6800 miles on my bike. Yowza!!! That's alot! Oh well.

porky45

Dad's been in the industry his entire life and my mom has shunned me away from it as long as i was under her roof. I'm out on my own now and stable so this is my first bike (wanted one for as long as I can remember).

2 Months on Nov 9 and about 2100 Miles. so much fun :)

PhatPhizzixxer

This is my first bike...got it last April. I have just under 2000 miles on it, though (not much, I know), because I don't commute with it, unfortunately. (My commute is 40 miles one-way in crazy San Diego rush hour traffic.) Soon after getting it, the BF and I took our bikes to Capital Reef in Utah for a week so I could get some practice riding with very little traffic, in different scenarios. Beautiful area but that was the stormiest June on record there...just my luck. For a beginner, I was dealing with extreme wind, very cold temps, rain, sleet and just to add a little extra fun in the mix, the road leading to our cabin was deep, slushy gravel...on a very sharp S-curved road. It was a very small town and dogs aren't kept on leashes so was constantly on the lookout for them. It was interesting, I'll say that much. I'd love to go back there this summer and explore some more...what a hella cool national park!

cbzdel

Started in June 2008 with a Honda Ruckus, I got it because my lifted truck got about 10/mpg and the ruckus got 100mpg, rode it daily even in the snow and ended up selling the truck because I never drove it anymore..

Then I moved and had to take the freeway to work so I upped the Ruckus to the FZ6R, still get 40+mpg so it keeps me happy :thumbup:

Allan

Started late July this year - now I only use my car on Saturdays if my son and I need to go somewhere - commute in to work daily on the 6R. When I got the bike, we still had a month or so of winter left, and I rode thru it, reckoning that if I could handle riding in the wet and windy weather, I'd be more comfortable by the time summer arrives. I've just clocked 3000km's and summers now here in SA, so I'm absolutely loving it!

24KMACH

I have been riding for 51 years. My first ride was on a friends Cushman Eagle. He had a paper route and gave me a ride. I thought "So this it what heaven is like" :D I bought a Caper cycle mini bike for my first ride. Next was the first Yamaha to be imported to the US. the YD2. Next was a 57 BSA Rocket then a 1950 Indian 250 and so on and so on. :)

AFDavis11

About 30+ years for me. Started on a Honda CM400T with a Craig Vetter fairing on the front. I was staring at the bike with the salesman and I said "anything else I need to know about the bike?" and he said to my little 17 year old self, "yea, stay the f*ck away from cars".

rode dirt bikes from ages 7 to 15, from age 12-15 competively, took a 4 year absence from the bike scene, then when nineteen got a xs400 for free from the father in law in pieces, put it back together and was hooked :) got my new 2010 fz6r a few weeks ago, sitting in my friends garage with 0.0 on the odometer and cant wait for this snow to piss off

Y

yellowfz

43+ (twisted my first throttle at 9) years dirt and street . Wow , when you see it in black and white it seems like a long time . :confused:

justgiver

Well, got my first 50 cc honda mini trail at around 6 or 7, had various 2, 3, and 4 wheel machines and snowmobiles since then. Got the FZ6R last summer and it is awesome it's like offroading on the street.
So 27 years; living in Winnipeg it sucks waiting for the snow to melt, it is still -23 celsius or -9 fahrenheit here, but looks like we may get spring by april lol.

CtrlAltDl

25 years on dirt and about 23 years on street. Had about a 6 year lull, where I didn't ride, but I've been riding 4 days a week for the last 8 years or so.

DakinechicK

Since I was 18... so uh, 11 years. Eek!