Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

6R Blackout

I started this thread and didn't even answer my own question, I plan on keeping my 6R for a long time. It does everything I need and want it to do, I have it looking exactly the way I want it to look. I am happy with it, plus I want to really "Hone" my riding skills. I feel the 6R is a bike that you can learn on. Anyways I want to see the odometer read atleast 12-15k. With those kind of miles on it then I will feel I have gotten my money's worth. If it last longer up to 20k that would be SUPER!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I started this thread and didn't even answer my own question, I plan on keeping my 6R for a long time. It does everything I need and want it to do, I have it looking exactly the way I want it to look. I am happy with it, plus I want to really "Hone" my riding skills. I feel the 6R is a bike that you can learn on. Anyways I want to see the odometer read atleast 12-15k. With those kind of miles on it then I will feel I have gotten my money's worth. If it last longer up to 20k that would be SUPER!!!

You will have no problem getting more than 20K miles! I just completed a 1650 mile round trip this weekend and mine is approaching 23,000 miles. Runs like a champ!

6R Blackout

You will have no problem getting more than 20K miles! I just completed a 1650 mile round trip this weekend and mine is approaching 23,000 miles. Runs like a champ!
23K WOW!! You shouldn't have a problem meeting somewhere closer south to meet for a ride?

shiterider

i have had my xj6 for 6 months and love it
i dont want to up grade as i have a 2009 r1 as well.
they are both different beasts but the xj6 makes me smile :D:D

6R Blackout

For that matter any bike you may currently have. Or what's the longest you have ever kept a bike! Does any have a classic or rare bike???

Roaddawg

I'm just about to roll over 30K on my bike and it still looks and runs like new. When I bought it, I never thought I'd still have it at 30k, but here I am...

6R Blackout

Roaddawg how long did it take you to get 30K, under or over 5 years. 30K is very impressive and also makes me feel good with that kind of track record, I am hopeful to get those numbers out of mine!

6R Blackout

Does anyone have a bike that is a classic or a bike they will not part from!

Me personally I would love to have a custom chopper, just to have and really not ride much!

6R Blackout

Thinking of keeping my FZ6R and just giving it to my daughter when she is older, she is only 4 now! The bike may not even run by the time she is old enough, "YOU THINK".

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

surfcycle

I plan to keep the 6R for a long time for all of the reasons others have stated...plus, as a new rider, i am probably only using 40% of the bikes capability. She seems to be a gentle and forgiving teacher with lots of reserve power to grow with.

Plus I sorta think of her as that first girlfriend you had...she may not be the one you end up with in the end but you will NEVER forget her and she will always have a special warm spot in your heart.

daddyrack

Premium Member

Sage

I have a 1981 Yamaha Maxim 650 my grandfather gave me on my 21st birthday thay il never get rid of. Shes still running strong! I rode her this week. Kind of missed her.
café her out ;) that'll make a big competition w/ the 6R!

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

roundhouse

i was close to buying a ninja 1000. but the FZ6R is paid for and I dont want payments..................but i do want 1000 cc. oh the pain