How hard is this Repair/Replacement.

Cartee

I've had my bike at a shop here for quite awhile after being in an accident, its been there for over a month now and the parts have been there for a week. They still have not started it and assume that it wont even be done till late next week. I feel like they have not serviced me well at all & simply just dont care. Including the General Manager.

Besides fairings and simple things like that I need to replace quite a bit of stuff.

Front cowling
Front Blinkers
Crankshaft/oil Gasket/Cover
Gas Tank
Break Lever
Break Pedal
End of handle bar piece.

They quoted me 6.9 hours but wont start on the bike..

How hard are these to accomplish myself? Do I do them myself and take the refund of service or bite the bullet and wait another 2 weeks of my summer to get the bike?

Opinions greatly appreciated...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

pauly69

I've had my bike at a shop here for quite awhile after being in an accident, its been there for over a month now and the parts have been there for a week. They still have not started it and assume that it wont even be done till late next week. I feel like they have not serviced me well at all & simply just dont care. Including the General Manager.

Besides fairings and simple things like that I need to replace quite a bit of stuff.

Front cowling
Front Blinkers
Crankshaft/oil Gasket/Cover
Gas Tank
Break Lever
Break Pedal
End of handle bar piece.

They quoted me 6.9 hours but wont start on the bike..

How hard are these to accomplish myself? Do I do them myself and take the refund of service or bite the bullet and wait another 2 weeks of my summer to get the bike?

Opinions greatly appreciated...
If you know anything about Bikes what you are describing it is a very siple task to fix yourself and save yourself a few dollars and time.
all those parts are easy.
Hope this helps.

Pauly69

Cartee

Thats how I felt Marthy, I called the manager and bitched at him today but he wouldnt even, as a customer even if I'm hella wrong he should at least listen to me. He continuosly interuptted me. I only paid half for the parts to get them there, once they were there I paid all the parts and labor. So maybe thats part of it but its very frustrating, I have decent mechanic skills and I'm not a retard. I just dont know how hard replacing the gas tank and the crankshaft/Oil Cover is.

I dont want to pick it up and not beable to do it right. Insurance is who paid them so its not really my money, but thats like $500 I can get back from their labor if I pick it up to use on Exhaust, frame sliders, etc....

Not quite sure what to do here...

Cartee

Marthy thanks for the advice, I called the owner and bitched more than I've probably bitched in my entire life combined! Haha.... Good news is my bike is on the lift now and will be done tonight. :)

Bad customer service is bad...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Cartee

Totally agree Marthy! I'm going to buy one from you eventually! Looks like they are doing my bike now though... so it wont be today :(

Cartee

Nice not bad at all.. I'll definetly favorite your website and get one hopefully sometime next month. Kinda broke from the accident and not working 2 weeks >.<

erionalite

Front cowling ( some what envolved. You need to remove the faring for this I think. I am looking into doing this myself )
Front Blinkers ( easy )
Crankshaft/oil Gasket/Cover ( looking on doing this myself too :), not hard just a serious of bolts. Make sure to check the torque for the bolts )
Gas Tank ( this is somewhat involved, looking into know how to lift the tank, cause I might have to check the spark plugs soon )
Break Lever ( easy )
Break Pedal ( easy )
End of handle bar piece. ( not complicated, I am assuming you want to remove the handle bar. Make sure you look at the service manual of how to remove the grips. they are a bit of a pain but if you are careful and use air presure the grips will slide right out )

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bakkenlab

looks like everyones having problems with mechanics. Mines been in the shop for 6 weeks now since i hit that deer awhile back if you guys remember.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f87/hit-deer-morning-22057/

The first issue was insurance, it took two weeks for them to get the check and state farm was a PITA to get a hold of. I went in on the 30th of june to review the parts they were going to order (1600 for parts and service total but had 250 deductible) and he said the parts would get in by the 12th of July, which was last Tuesday. They quoted me on 4 hours of service to fix it so i thought i would be done by last week. Well called them last thursday and they said they still did have the parts in, did hear anything on friday or saturday. Then tried this past tuesday and couldnt get ahold of him. Finally talked to him on wednesday and he said they were still waiting on parts. Then he goes on and has the nerve of saying, well when would you like it done by????? Im like WTF (last month would've been nice), but i said, well the faster the better. Hes like well im going to get it done by this satuday, BUT, that's only if we have the parts in.

Questions, do you think there just jerking my chain, or does it really take 3 weeks to get parts in for a 500 cowling, and various other miscellaneous parts?

Sorry to hijack your thread, just glad im not the only one that deals with this sh*t!!

Cartee

No offense you to, I am not meaning to single you out, but I have corrected so many threads with this issue... It is just mildly annoying to me because this is such an easy one...

Let me google that for you
Thx for the smart remark about google. However I did google it and found some helpful videos on some of the things, but not all of them. I also wanted someones opinion over some mechanic showing us how to do it on youtube & if someone else had gone through it, what was helpful etc.

Thanks though..