how does it fit?

edk442

well i have this jacket and i'm really not quite sure how they are supposed to fit. i assume they are supposed to fit snug (but not tight) to keep the armor in place and where it should be, but i spent all last summer riding in a leather jacket much roomier than this (boxers vs briefs to make a comparison)

just looking for some input as to whether you think the fit is good or not, particularly in the wrists (i have long arms and am used to winter jackets for 6 months of the year, so this feels short to me ) and the shoulders. should i look into getting a size bigger?

there's really no room to comfortably wear much more than a tshirt underneath (i could wear a sweater maybe but i think i'd look like the michelin man) which is fine with me since i don't plan on riding in cooler weather (once weather turns cold, the bike gets parked and winter tires go on the car) but in the back of my mind i have this plan to gain a little bit of size via gym membership (so far they're making money off me!)

let's here your thoughts!

Last edited:

edk442

oops pictures always help...yes i am in the bathroom posing in the mirror like an attention seeking teenage girl lol

for those of you who are curious, it is the Alpinestars NYC leather jacket. beautiful all leather jacket with perforated front and back. this jacket is now discontinued and remaining jackets are dwindling stock (to quote one dealer "i don't have it, i can't get it. it's now a collectors piece"). apparently i have the last size 42 in the world, and given how hard it was to find, i don't doubt it...it required pulling strings with an overseas supplier

i don't know why they discontinued it. it must of been decided in a meeting that having a jacket without a gigantic logo across the front and back was poor advertising

Attachments

Last edited:

ajiribarren

Looks good! Remember that leather takes some time to break in, and usually it will give in a little so I think you should be ok

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

djf18374

Looks to me like that is just the right size for you...That is how my jacket fits me! It is nice to not have any sort of flapping going on when I ride, since there is not any excess material catching wind. The leather will break in as well, so it will fit more naturally to your riding position over time.

CrazyCawi

hey

I think it looks perfect actually, Length on sleeves is perfect as you should have room for a 3/4 glove or a gauntlet glove :cool:

edk442

thanks guys. i suppose i'm used to a jacket styled for casual wear. i haven't actually ridden with this jacket yet (as you can tell since the tags are still on it) or any true motorcycle jacket for that matter and analyzing it (and what exactly makes a motorcycle jacket a motorcycle jacket) i can clearly feel that in the riding position there is no extra material in the front to bunch up, there is enough length in the rear to cover my butt crack and after careful consideration i think that any extra length at the wrist would be more of a hindrance (possibly affect clutch and brake operation) . and yes the leather is still quite stiff. i took out the inner liner and it makes it feel less full feeling.i do think i'll upgrade the back protector though, it leaves a little to be desired

good news to my ears, that opens up my finances for a new BBQ :D

Last edited:
F

FZ6R_Blue

Its always good to have the arms be a touch long while standing because you will be reaching for grips

edk442

Its always good to have the arms be a touch long while standing because you will be reaching for grips
seems like i actually gain a bit of length when i sit in the riding position? the arms are precurved so when i straighten my arms it tends to pull the cuff up.