How do you install the PCV Map Switch?

cloudfire

Ok, so I finally broke down and bought the PCV Map Switch but I can't seem to find a thread on how you install it and it did not come with instructions. Powercommander.com seems pretty useless for instructions besides a picture of the module without any accessories plugged in. The switch I received has a a 3 hole female connector. The two accessory slots on the PCV have 4 pins. I'm guessing the switch was designed to be used with the Dynojet hub plugged into one of the accessory slots? Can anyone tell me what I have to do to install this switch without the hub?
:banghead:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

cloudfire

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

cloudfire

Thanks Martin. I was hoping that you'd reply. I saw the diagram of the wire holes but I was just really hesitant to make any modification to the switch before I knew for sure that it didn't plug into one of the accessory slots. My question now is what do I do with the third wire from the switch? I wire diagram in the manual would really help!

Dr. X

The MAP connectors are the two holes closest to the center/middle of the PCV. I use a switch to go between Marty's AdvGear MAP and his Touring MAP - very handy!

Dr. X

Is it a switch from Dynojet? Does your switch have an LED inside, you wouldnt use the 12v wire if that is the case.

cloudfire

This is the switch that I got. I believe that it is a dynojet switch. No LED and a white 3 wire connector. Any suggestions on how to connect it to the PCV without cannibalizing it would be appreciated.

Attachments

Dr. X

Pretty sure that switch is for the HUB unit. You'll need to get a HUB or cut the connector off and use like a generic switch.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Dr. X

Did you get the switch to work?

Is this what Dynojet supply for a map switch? There's 2 place to connect this, give it a try... Enable the map switch in the menu, that might work.

Accordingly to my notes, the first 2 pins close to the big connector (LH side) is the map switch pins.

You are correct... To save the hassle of finding this information online, I called Power Commander and they told me on the phone how to do this wiring job... You have to cut it off. Unfortunately, there's no way to KNOW if the switch is working... I still can't tell if with the Sport Rev B version is actually working on mine.

Very simple.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

cloudfire

Yeah, I finally ended up calling them and they told me to just cut the end off and that there are only two wires. They mentioned that they thought that MAP1 is in the off position so I hooked up a tester and a 9 volt to the switch and marked which side was on and off. Now I just have to find the time to hook it up and load the maps . . .

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Oh, no. I used two different ports on the PCV box....

There's still no way to indicate if you are indeed in your Map 2 setting.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member