How do i??

Oconer

I've ordered woodcraft clip ons for my fz6r, i've also searched on how to install them and had no luck...

would anyone care to guide me to a link or explain what needs and how to take off parts needed to complete this project?

P.S. ive ordered new grips so i dont need my factory grips

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Oconer

I've already lowered the bike, now all I need is a how to on how to remove the controls, handle bar, bar ends, and everything else.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Oconer

Ok so my clip ons came in today, I've only installed the left side since I was trying to figure out what comes off lol.. Time consuming but extremely easy. I destroyed my old grips because I didn't want to mess with it so I cut straight through it...

What's the easiest way to put on new grips? I was struggling really hard to get it on and would like to have a pleasant experience on the right side.. I got the spider grips, feels good so far

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Oconer

Lol!!!! Personal lube sounds good to me, never would have thought of that.. Ill go to walmart and ask "I'm looking for personal lube so I can slide some rubber on a pipe"

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Oconer

I used wd40 silicone kind on my left grip and it was still a bit hard to get on but was better than nothing, may have to try the water/soap mix on the right

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Oconer

Ok do I finally finished the clip ons, what a hell of an adventure lol trying to clear the fairings, it's all trial and error... So nowhere concern is the vibration in the bars at higher rpms did I do something wrong? Is there a fix?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited: