HOV Lane Petition

Stricken

I agree. I take the HOV lane here in Houston every morning and it cuts my commute from 1 hr to 20 mins.

cbzdel

I love the HOV lane!

But there is one in my area that is ONLY 3+ people in a car and says nothing about morotcycles.. All others say 2+ in a car and motorcycles OK

Senaca

None of the HOV lanes in the Ottawa/Gatineau area say bikes are allowed. It's more likely to happen in the Gatineau (Quebec) side of things, as scooters are in abundance.. (I believe you can ride them when you are 14+, not 100% sure).

Ottawa is generally quite anti-motorbikes...

Richy

Has anyone been pulled over on the Bay street HOV lane in Toronto? The sign doesn't show motorcycles.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

bjs045

I love the HOV lane. Fortunately I have HOV on/off ramps from home to work and back! Never have to ride in the standard lanes. :D

Roaddawg

HOV lane definately ROCKS!!

I use it everday for commuting on the bike, rush hour is so much easier!!

Arizona is also testing a pilot program for Hybrid vehicles to use the HOV lane with one person aboard.
California has let hybrids in the carpool/HOV lanes for a while now, but is set to end this December, unless they pass new legislation. DMV give you stickers that are places on the bumpers around the car to identify it as a vehicle qualified to be allowed in the carpool lane with one occupant.