Hot Weather Mesh: What's everyone wearing?

rahuljp

I have the Dainese Shotgun, textile + mesh(in some places.). Very light, awesome airflow, good elbow and shoulder armor. You do have to buy the add on back protector though. I got it from cycle gear for $180, although it lists for $290. Not sure why it rung up as $180. I also got 15% off for completing the MSF course!

Dainese Shotgun Jacket - RevZilla

See red

joe rocket jacket. Been good for the last 5 years. I was even painted by a truck mirror.... douche bag tried to slide by me at a light, and hit my shoulder and windshield. I wasn't severly hurt and the windscreen was replaced.

I still use it and in fact I was wearing it in a recent pic. with my safety yellow backpack.

Fulkon

I got fieldsheer gear. Jacket with the pants that zip into it. They work pretty well, comes with a removable liner.

Fenixgoon

got my teknic mercury the other day and went out for a ride in ~80deg weather with decent humidity. felt perfectly cool and comfortable. great jacket!

dndfindley

Speed and Strength mesh with removable liner. However with the temps in the 90's around here lately I usually go out with jeans and a T-shirt. Taking a chance I know but it's hot! If riding late afternoon or at night I wear the jacket w/o the liner. David

nobie318

This thread has been really helpful. Im cracking up hearing about temps in the 80s and 90s. Today it got up to 109 and was still 96 at 10:45 pm. I dont have a jacket but man i really need one.

Spitfire

i have the cortech tour master gx air 2 and i really like it. its three jackets in one for $130. bought it from this place here:

Cortech by Tour Master GX Air Series 2 Jacket :: MotorcycleGear.com

versatile and works very well for cold michigan days to hot 90 degree plus days.
+1 I just got one as well a few days ago... Been out with it here in Florida with 94 degree temps (heat index @ 104) for a few 30 minute rides of stopping and going and the only thing to sweat is my head cause my helmet is a freakin oven.

Haven't had to use the waterproof part of it yet so can't comment on that... looks like I might be able to comment in a few hours once I get off work though :(

em21701

I have a Joe Rocket black on black. Feels like I'm wearing [ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL4iVQyp9L4"]nothing at all[/ame].

slaythoven

Just to update everybody (I thought I did a month ago), I did finally get a new mesh jacket.

My mother-in-law (!) bought me a blue Shift Backdraft Mesh Jacket for my birthday (5/23).

It's ridiculously breathable and I've gotten a few compliments as one. One of my friends told me I looked like a super hero, another person told me I looked badass and I should just go to bars dressed in it. A woman asked me at a Chick-Fil-A if I was hot (temp wise) wearing it and that I looked pretty hot (looks wise) in it.

Needless to say, it's been a success.

AngryAnt

Just to update everybody (I thought I did a month ago), I did finally get a new mesh jacket.

My mother-in-law (!) bought me a blue Shift Backdraft Mesh Jacket for my birthday (5/23).

It's ridiculously breathable and I've gotten a few compliments as one. One of my friends told me I looked like a super hero, another person told me I looked badass and I should just go to bars dressed in it. A woman asked me at a Chick-Fil-A if I was hot (temp wise) wearing it and that I looked pretty hot (looks wise) in it.

Needless to say, it's been a success.
Nice, I like it. Where do you live at and is it still breathable at say 25-40 mph? I've been wanting a blue one to match my bike >_>

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

anson650

If it is too hot for a leather jacket I wear an unlined Carhart. If it is REALLY HOT I soak it in the sink, or some other source of water. I stay away from slow moving streams, the jacket will stink after a few days. For rain gear I carry plastic sandwich bags, good ones not the cheap stuff, for my wallet, phone and garage door opener.
Anson

Kdubb223

Been rocking this down in so cal. Scorpion tornado textile jacket. Great so far even in 80 degree weather.

Attachments

ChasingSquid

We have had some of the hottest weather in a while here in Chicago this summer. Recently got a Dainese mesh jacket that I absolutely love. Its got a removable liner so on those real hot days (90+) this thing has some pretty good airflow once im moving.

slaythoven

Nice, I like it. Where do you live at and is it still breathable at say 25-40 mph? I've been wanting a blue one to match my bike >_>
I live outside of southwest Philly. It's definitely breathable at 25-40. I was out riding at night and at about 80 degrees traveling at about 60 mph with a t-shirt on underneath, I actually got a little chilly.