Hot Weather Mesh: What's everyone wearing?

bigguybbr

Hmm, hot weather gear. This is what I use:
White cotton wifebeater
Basketball Shorts
Flip Flops
And a baseball cap for head protection (turned backwards for aerodynamics)

Just Kidding!
Dressed like that, I would think you were from Hartford riding an older chromed out GiXXeR!

Glad to hear you aren't wearing your ass as a helmet!

Hellgate

RevIt! Air jacket and RevIt! Rotor pant. Includes Knox armor stock.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Chucker

CDN6R

Thanks! I could not pass it up. I don't really need it but I love a bargin. Not sure if it avaliable in other colors or not . On E Bay I just searched Yamaha Jacket.

bigguybbr

I replaced out the back armor on my pheonix with knox. It's nice stuff, but defeats the venting that the original back protector had in it. That, along with the Dynax mesh (according to rev'it it "is the most abrasion resistant mesh on the market in any mesh motorcycle jacket today") makes the jacket have some pretty awesome protection. I need to look into new pants, my frank thomas xti pants are just too short for my 36" inseam.

CrazyCawi

if u wanna sell ur frank thomas lemme know lol...what size waiste?

slaythoven

The 100% best gear purchase I have ever made...

]YouTube - REV'IT! Phoenix Jacket Video Review from SportbikeTrackGear.com

I've been trying to find deals on REV'IT gear, but I can't find any blue jackets! I'll check them out again though.
Hmm, hot weather gear. This is what I use:
White cotton wifebeater
Basketball Shorts
Flip Flops
And a baseball cap for head protection (turned backwards for aerodynamics)

Just Kidding!
You'd be surprised at how often I've seen that ALREADY in Philly and the spring is just starting to heat up. Then I get the 3rd degree from family and friends about being extra careful because they see these knuckleheads out. :shakehead:
I Just picked up this Joe Rocket jacket for $115.00 off E Bay.
Which one is that? Is it the Phoenix? New?
if u wanna sell ur frank thomas lemme know lol...what size waiste?
Ha! Nah, I'm not selling it. It's great when the temp is between 40 F and 75 F.

Hellgate

I replaced out the back armor on my pheonix with knox. It's nice stuff, but defeats the venting that the original back protector had in it. That, along with the Dynax mesh (according to rev'it it "is the most abrasion resistant mesh on the market in any mesh motorcycle jacket today") makes the jacket have some pretty awesome protection. I need to look into new pants, my frank thomas xti pants are just too short for my 36" inseam.
Check out SAS TEC active armor, good venting and very protective. I'm using that in my Air jacket.

Hellgate

I've been trying to find deals on REV'IT gear, but I can't find any blue jackets! I'll check them out again though.

You'd be surprised at how often I've seen that ALREADY in Philly and the spring is just starting to heat up. Then I get the 3rd degree from family and friends about being extra careful because they see these knuckleheads out. :shakehead:

Which one is that? Is it the Phoenix? New?

Ha! Nah, I'm not selling it. It's great when the temp is between 40 F and 75 F.
I'm pretty sure Lone Star BMW in Austin, TX has blue. Give them a call.

slaythoven

Thanks to all of you guy's recommendations. I think I'll go with the Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket. I was seriously thinking about the ICON TiMax because it looks like it would make me look like a super hero with the bulky looking chest, but it seems JR is the overwhelming choice.

What do you guys think of Shift gear though? Also, am I the only one who doesn't trust store exclusive brands? (i.e. BiLT @ CycleGear.com)

slaythoven

Fenixgoon

i'm looking for a summer jacket as well. current riding with a shift streetfighter hybrid (leather/textile) jacket and there's very little venting, aside from opening up the cuffs.

here are the jackets i'm considering

Shift Airborne
Shift Backdraft
Alpinestars Sniper Air-Flo
Alpinestars Exile
Teknic Aquavent
Tourmaster Intake Air 2
Fieldsheer Congo
Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0
teknic mercury

so far i like the teknic the most on account of it being perforated leather (ok and it looks badass :D). i found a decent deal on it, so for ~$200 i could get the teknic over some of the higher end pure mesh jackets.

Roaddawg

i'm looking for a summer jacket as well. current riding with a shift streetfighter hybrid (leather/textile) jacket and there's very little venting, aside from opening up the cuffs.

here are the jackets i'm considering

Shift Airborne
Shift Backdraft
Alpinestars Sniper Air-Flo
Alpinestars Exile
Teknic Aquavent
Tourmaster Intake Air 2
Fieldsheer Congo
Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0
teknic mercury

so far i like the teknic the most on account of it being perforated leather (ok and it looks badass :D). i found a decent deal on it, so for ~$200 i could get the teknic over some of the higher end pure mesh jackets.
I have the Tourmaster Intake and have been wearing it for over two years now. I've worn it in the mid 20's to over 100 degrees. It's been a good 4 season jacket for me. When you zip the two liners out and just have the mesh part of the jacket, it's almost like wearing a t-shirt, but you still have all the CE protection. But with all the liners in, its good protection from the elements (rain and wind). Not the most stylish jacket out of your choices, but definitely been a very functional & situational jacket for me. I have a brand new leather jacket that I got back in December and I have yet to wear it because I'm too attached to the Intake one. (Plus, I'm a little superstitious :) )

dirklay

I bought a Cortech GX Air 2 from Motosport for $144. Leather and mesh, with great armor on shoulders, elbows and back. Fits great, feels like your just wearing a tee shirt.

CrazyCawi

I bought a Cortech GX Air 2 from Motosport for $144. Leather and mesh, with great armor on shoulders, elbows and back. Fits great, feels like your just wearing a tee shirt.
I read the reviews and it didnt seem like it did that well?