Hong kong special: Windscreen

06330i

Bought a hong kong ebay special windscreen. Got it for $28.99 shipped and took 13 days to get. So for being as cheap as it was it looks pretty good on the bike and the fitment is nice. The only complain I could have is around the jewel on one side it needs to be cut a bit more (pretty easy fix with a saw or dremel) And I really can't complain about it since it was so cheap. I'll post the link for anyone that's interested and post a few pics of it on the bike so you can get an idea.

Black Windscreen Windshield for Yamaha FZ6R 06 07 08 09 | eBay

Also just a fyi: Ignore the fact it says the wrong years of the bike, the picture is correct. It also comes in clear and light smoke.

Attachments

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

leovito

You can goto your local yamaha dealer and have one ordered from yamaha. Its blacked out but has a little transparency. Also has fz6r written in the middle. I think mine was like 50 bucks and shipped in 3-4 days.

06330i

Does it help with wind or anything? What are the differences between it and the OEM?
Haven't taken a ride with it on yet since its cold as hell in michigan right now. but as soon as I can take it out I will let you know how it works

06330i

mistaht: that worked out perfect for you since I found this one right after you ordered the original one.
leovito: idk how you got it for that cheap, but that's a good deal. the cheapest ive seen those go for is $75 and thats on ebay.

06330i

Took the bike for a spin with the new windshield on, wow what a positive difference!! So much less wind buffering and I don't have to be at full tuck to have no wind in my face.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Bradlockard

You can goto your local yamaha dealer and have one ordered from yamaha. Its blacked out but has a little transparency. Also has fz6r written in the middle. I think mine was like 50 bucks and shipped in 3-4 days.

how you like those mirrors? i hated them, thought they were we todd did