Honda 2011 CBR600F Test-Ride Review

motoguy82

Making a new thread because I think this is where the review should go, just copying and pasting from another thread.

I test rode one today too. I agree with all the points that Ledgini said.

I noticed:
-the fairing seemed diminutive compared to the XJ6
-the bars are a bit lower and a bit more forward, but not nearly as much as a regular SS (I'd say midway between the two)
-the pegs are slightly higher, but not uncomfortable
-the brakes are noticeably stronger than the XJ6
-I liked the fact that the suspension is adjustable, even though I probably wouldn't take much advantage of it
-the low torque isn't nearly as pronounced as the XJ6, but the higher rpm's shine (like Ledgini said)
-overall the bike is more nimble feeling, may have to do with slightly sportier riding position
-the shifting was super smooth (test bike had 1200 miles +/- on it)
-believe it or not, I like the seat better...maybe I had a little less weight on my butt? Maybe the seat wasn't broken in as much? Who knows....my butt was a little sore from riding to the dealer, but it wasn't sore the whole time on this bike
-less engine noise...maybe because of the full fairing compared to mine? maybe because the bike had an aftermarket exhaust and I didn't notice the engine noise as much?
-top speed is much more than the XJ6, I got it to 205 km/hr going slightly uphill before traffic slowed me on the autobahn, and it had plenty more....I'd estimate it would top out on level ground around 230-240 km/hr, compared with my XJ6 which tops out at around 215 km/hr (not sure how much the speedo is off on the CBR, but mine is off about 12 km/hr at that speed)
-it is not quite as strong as my old 2003 CBR600RR, but it's much closer than the XJ6
-roll on in 6th gear from 100 km/hr to 150 km/hr was about 1.5 seconds quicker than the XJ6....I think it started getting into its power up around 130ish and pulled quicker after that, whereas the XJ6 pulled pretty linearly from 100 to 150

Overall, I was impressed. Again, I wish this bike would have been available when I bought my bike because honestly I'm a honda guy for dirtbikes and sportbikes, but I didn't like the CBF600 at all, and I knew I didn't like the egros of the 600/1000RR. 8900 euro is pretty steep, especially since I now have the XJ6 set up how I like it and I'd take a beating on trade in or even selling outright...that's probably the main reason I won't get the CBR....I'll lose too much money on my current bike. They don't seem to want to come down any either...could be my lack of German language skills though. Well, that's my opinion on the bike; take it for what it's worth. I would still like to try out the Fazer8 if I can find somewhere that will let me ride one though

Attachments