Holding the clutch

eashleighv9

I am not sure if it is ok to hold the clutch instead of going to neutral, while waiting for the traffic lights or something like that. Driving a manual car, the clutch is used to a minimum, I wonder if it is the same for the FZ6R or any other bike?. Could the clutch be damaged if holding it for too long?.
Cheers :don'tknow:

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Reaver

I am not sure if it is ok to hold the clutch instead of going to neutral, while waiting for the traffic lights or something like that. Driving a manual car, the clutch is used to a minimum, I wonder if it is the same for the FZ6R or any other bike?. Could the clutch be damaged if holding it for too long?.
Cheers :don'tknow:
As I'm new to riding I was wondering the same thing. :zombie:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dnielson45

Elite Member

WeatherB

I'm in 1st, holding the clutch in at red lights until I see a few cars stopped behind me then I'll shift to neutral if the light hasn't changed by that time...

Bikes have "wet" clutches that are lubricated by the engine oil, different from a car's "dry" clutch. Read that bike clutches are more durable because of this.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

applejax

I'm in 1st, holding the clutch in at red lights until I see a few cars stopped behind me then I'll shift to neutral if the light hasn't changed by that time...

Bikes have "wet" clutches that are lubricated by the engine oil, different from a car's "dry" clutch. Read that bike clutches are more durable because of this.
Not all bikes have "wet" clutches.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member