Highway 94 claimed another fz6r.... mine.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

stevet

:wtfgun:

Well, just left the 94 Cafe, and not 2 minutes down the road, I adjusted on a left corner for oncoming traffic, and in that bend was a driveway. I rolled over it, bunny hopping really.. when the bike came back, it high sided me.

Sprained: Ankle, Shoulder, Wrist.
Road Rash: Left arm, left hip, both knees.

Picked the bike up, bent the handle bars back to the position, and bent the clutch peg back down... drove the bike 55 miles back home.

Fairings are all gone. Front cluster is all gone. The headlight assembly seems okay, but the light doesnt work. A turn signal snapped off... mirrors are toast.

So? Lesson learned. Im now a part of the "riders who have crashed"... as shitty as that sounds.

Im going to take it down tomorrow to make sure its salvagable, and attempt to replace the parts. If the guys say it rides good and the engine is money, then here is what im looking for:

Full front
Full fairings
Mirros x2
Clutch shifter

Think thats about it. I'll take pictures when I can move a little more.
So sorry to hear about your pain. One second all is fine and then the next this happens. Hopefully we learn from our experiences.
So what was the lesson you learned?

Xanroth

Confidence was the lesson. Im a good rider imho, and I got to comfortable. I let my guard down on a really easy left curve.

Bike is at the shop now. Ill have an estimate soon, and if any of ya'll ate parts junkies or know of someone with parts, plz let me know :)

MustGoFaster

Yeah, that sucks hard, brother meng. I, too, am in the statistically category of "done wiped out on my motor-propelled-bicycle." It sucks, but any crash you can walk away from, means you ain't dead.

Xanroth

The only thing that pissed me off about the gear was the tour master jacket i was wearing. The velcro on the left arm failed, hence the road rash. I actually callwd tourmaster and commented on the jackets velcro. But the Icon took that high side like a champ. I could NOT be any more proud of that helmet. My gloves did okay, and I was wearing a pair of seven brand jeans that also held up extreemly well.

Day 2 is almost over and im feeling a lot better. Im not looking forward to this estimate though haha.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Glad you're OK! Go street fighter with it and skip the fairings. Start saving for a new ride and pass this one on when you get it.

surfcycle

Hate to hear anytime when a rider goes down - hope you heal up fast and can get back out there on something with two wheels...hang in there!

Xanroth

Well, just got the report back from South Bay -- ANd to make the bike BRAND NEW, 6300.00 including parts and labor.

So, they wrote up a report replacing everything with a scratch (including the 500 swing arm that had a scratch because of my rear lift)...

So, i'm going to go down there and hammer down a better price to replace the needed parts, vice the cosmetic parts. I really dont care about scratches. Battle wounds in my opinion.

*sigh*

Does anyone have handle bars for sale? Or whos the local resident expert on turning these things into a naked beast?

And of course, because i've not said it till now.. thanks for the uplifting comments =) It was hard... getting over wrecking my bike. My wife is anti-buying-a-new-bike.... so if this doesnt turn naked, or.. I dont know.. that might have been my last ride.

applejax

Well, just got the report back from South Bay -- ANd to make the bike BRAND NEW, 6300.00 including parts and labor.

So, they wrote up a report replacing everything with a scratch (including the 500 swing arm that had a scratch because of my rear lift)...

So, i'm going to go down there and hammer down a better price to replace the needed parts, vice the cosmetic parts. I really dont care about scratches. Battle wounds in my opinion.

*sigh*

Does anyone have handle bars for sale? Or whos the local resident expert on turning these things into a naked beast?

And of course, because i've not said it till now.. thanks for the uplifting comments =) It was hard... getting over wrecking my bike. My wife is anti-buying-a-new-bike.... so if this doesnt turn naked, or.. I dont know.. that might have been my last ride.
I have stock handle bars that are sitting in my room.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

jocampo

You're ok, that's what really matters!!!

Enjoy a few days without riding, and be careful next time. Lear something from this.

Last edited:

CDN6R

Been away for a bit and I just read the thread. All I can say is that thank God that you had sence enough to wear your gear. Alot of people do not. I am glad that you are realitively "OK" but I am sure that you must have been pretty sore. As long as the frame is not bent and the engine is ok you could rebuild it and make it like a XJ6 style,,which I wish was sold here in N.America. This kind of thing can happen to any one of us. We must be careful.

Xanroth

Yea, I never ride without my gear. If something was to happen and the Military was to catch wind and I was without some gear, it's game over.

But, I am going Naked. Today I took everything off, mostly.. all the broken pieces. The side cowlings are there, just scratched... The only real damage was to the front cowling.

But, none the less... here is the beginning of the project. Of course, I only have today and some of tomorrow as they're packing up the bike.. But time to go parts shopping!

https://plus.google.com/photos/102007431184702000520/albums/5748549301908664369

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

thefallenkid

#1 im glad your ok.

If you need i have front turn signals and back full fender and a stock wind screen, let me know

Last edited:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Xanroth

Well. I took her around tye neighborhood yesterday, then loaded her on the truck bound for Ital. Ill have to say, the experience of riding a naked bike was actually preety cool. I think I may enjoy this after all.

On the other hand, Im dealing with a lot of indescribable feelings all of the sudden. Like being in a massive funk of some sort. Like feeling sick without being sick. Is this normal? I feel like im trying to justify my life or something. Soumds weird, but yeah lol