High Beam Indicator too BRIGHT

Archerzz

So I have noticed that the high beam indicator on my bike is just stupid bright to the point where it washes out the lower half of my vision with just bright blue. Even makes a blue glow inside my helmet is this common or is my bike abnormal?

You can kind of see what I am talking about in this video

Vloggers Unite - YouTube

Also fyi my bike is a 2012 model.

Rookasaki

hmmm. Does seem bright. I'll have to check my (2009)
Also Archer!!!!! where is the car wash vid????? Come on brother! :thumbup:

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Archerzz

just put a piece of electrical tape over it. problem solved. if you cant tell which is high beam or low beam then your iq is to low to ride a bike:D
Haha yea I was thinking about tape or something but I would feel bad seeing how the bike is basically brand new and it has some lowtech fix for an annoying issue. But it might be the cheapest fix... hummm

EDIT: Going in for my 600 mile maintenance next Friday maybe I will mention something to them there. I do wish it was easier to change the whole color of the display.

Last edited:

Deanohh

should be a simple fix if its just an LED.... you could change it to green or red.... blue is the brightest LED... the human eye picks blue up better than the other colors.... red is the hardest for human eyes to see.
Also red doesn't give you night blindness. That's why the watch lights on a ship are red... You can look at the charts under the red light and then look out there without reduced vision and eye adjustment.

Maybe its just something wierd about your visor.

Alex6

I don't know, it maybe just me, but I would not ride with the high beam at night blinding the oncoming traffic and pissing off the drivers.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Archerzz

I don't know, it maybe just me, but I would not ride with the high beam at night blinding the oncoming traffic and pissing off the drivers.
I usually turn it off when there is oncoming traffic, but in the video I was not thinking about that I did notice afterwards though.

ajskillz13

maybe its like that for all 2012 models?!
That's gotta be it! I heard that the '12s got a bigger engine too... :zombie: