HID Kit

Neme

I ordered this kit on eBay because I couldn't pass up the cheap price. It comes with angel and demon/devil eyes of your color choice (red, blue, or white).
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=151041508700

It's 55W but they offer a 35W one also. I figured since I'm going cheap I might as well get the "upgraded" wattage option.

It looks to be the same one bkmoto.com offers for a couple hundred bucks.

It's coming from China so delivery is expected between July 19th- July 26th. Not terrible.

I will post pictures and a review once I get it on the bike!

Anybody else with an "ebay" kit is welcome to write their reviews or anybody with any thoughts is welcome to write also!

EDIT: UPDATE

The Kit: It came nicely boxed and presented. It gave the impression of high quality right of the bat. The kit was made of good quality. i wouldnt say the greatest because the wiring was a bit "cheap" but it worked just fine. The Projector, Shroud, Ballast, and bulb all seem of good quality. The kit does not come with instructions but with the help of a few threads and Rabbitman109, the install went pretty smooth. The seller was quick to respond to any questions that i had also.

The only thing i didn't like about the kit is that you have to cut the clips off of the Angel eye wires, devil eye wires, and projector wires to fish them threw the dust cover. then solder them back on.

The Angel and Devil eyes work great and so does the HID. i have not been out at night to see the difference in the HID but i can tell from it being in my garage it is MUCH brighter. i can even see my headlight in broad daylight. yeah, that's bright.

THIS IS NOT A REVIEW FOR DURABILITY AS I ONLY HAD IT FOR A FEW DAYS MYSELF. It seems durable, but i am not sure yet.

OVERALL: I am pleased with the product. If you want to do this mod but are on that strict college budget like i am, i suggest this as a cheaper option. If you have the money laying around, i would suggest getting the higher end version from The Retrofit Source because nobody has had problems with them yet.

The Outcome: (Inspired by JT's Retrofit)

Last edited:

Neme

I must say, I'm pretty nervous about the quality. But for 70 bucks you get a 55W kit with an AC ballast. Which from what I've read are much better than DC ballasts. So I thought it was well worth the try.

Neme

anybody mind giving my a little tutorial on how to upload pictures? i am trying to update the posting now.

Neme

alright, thanks! give me a few minutes to write the review and it'll be up.

Neme

One more thing. Shipping was fast too. I got it from China in 10 days. The shipping estimates said 17-20 days I think.