Here it's a Diversion F (XJ6)

ramflyer1899

Stopped by the dealer today and saw the Diversion F.

Exact same as the FZ6R except, well, maybe a little better? Well not so sure, but here are some the differences I saw right off the bat.

XJ6F has four way flashers, immobilizer with a flashing red light, a center stand, a high beam flasher (separate than the high beam switch so you can flash people to move I guess) and anti-locking breaks. Oh and it's 7.5K in EURO which makes right about double the price of the FZ6R.

Graphics are different too. I took a vid and some pix. I'll post them soon.

pyrocpu

Yup. Euro-spec is different. I really wished I had ABS--I'd have paid another $800 for that.

Current forex rates as of today... USD$1 buys you 0.7466 Euro = $10,000 (rounded to the nearest $100). That's just not worth it!

Perhaps European bikes aren't as expensive (BMW, Ducati, et. al.)?

ramflyer1899

The EURO also has a single seat - not split like ours.

I'd pay for ABS!

Nope, the other bike are even more. i saw the 200HP BMW 1000RR today as well. NUTS!!!

But the most expensive here are the Harley-Davidson's.

pyrocpu

Curious, how much is the S1000RR there, since you're based in the country of that bike's manufacture?

Bigevildoer

Current forex rates as of today... USD$1 buys you 0.7466 Euro = $10,000 (rounded to the nearest $100). That's just not worth it!
Euros in general have to pay much more for vehicles than we do. The Focus, for example, costs around what, $15K for a nice one here? The same car in Europe would cost about $19K (after exchange etc taken in to effect).

Canada pays much more for vehicles than you guys in the US do too.
After taxes, freight, PDI etc and a $750 Yamaha incentive, i paid just under $9500 Cdn for my FZ6R last year. And now I'm having a bugger of a time unloading it for $7K (what I owe to the bank). Put in about $600 in upgrades etc, and people still balk, 'cause dealers are now selling the 09's for $7K. They forget the extra tax, PDI and Freight they have to pay - works out to be about $1000 before considering upgrades.

Later!

dcBear78

Stopped by the dealer today and saw the Diversion F.

Exact same as the FZ6R except, well, maybe a little better? Well not so sure, but here are some the differences I saw right off the bat.

XJ6F has four way flashers, immobilizer with a flashing red light, a center stand, a high beam flasher (separate than the high beam switch so you can flash people to move I guess) and anti-locking breaks. Oh and it's 7.5K in EURO which makes right about double the price of the FZ6R.

Graphics are different too. I took a vid and some pix. I'll post them soon.
That is pretty much what we get here in Australia. Wasn't sure about all the details. Just had a look at the one used for promo of the release of this bike at last years Sydney Motorbike Show. It has the centre stand, I know it has ABS and all vehicles in Aus have to have an immobilizer.

It cost in total A$11,750 so approx US$10,575?

Things are in general dearer in Australia than the US, especially vehicles. This is actually pretty cheap. R6's are around A$16k and R1's are A$20k.