Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6R Blackout

OK can anyone tell me what all is involved in getting to the Isle of Mann to watch the race?

Where do I start as far as booking dates, flights, ferry rides and even tickets?
Its not till 2014 when I am looking to go but my research thus far has not turned up anything I find useful. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I need to do so I may have a successful trip in 2014?:facepalm:

CrazyCawi

call your local travel agent and support local business.

6R Blackout

call your local travel agent and support local business.
Thanks CC that is a great idea I never thought about that. You know being now days everything is done online by yourself. Thanks again for that idea.

How you liking your Kawi so far CC, do you miss the 6R any?

CrazyCawi

I miss the 6R's ergos for comfort but I love every bit of the new kawi. I think I will be keeping the zx6r and either getting a streetfighter duc or a z1000 from kawi.....for the next bike possibly the aprilla tuono rsv4 but thats a couple years out. for now the kawi solves everything I could ever dream up. But yes the sentiment of my 6r is still near and dear she is every screen saver I have and on my phone. Was a sad day loading her up in a trailer. :(

CrazyCawi

Thanks CC that is a great idea I never thought about that. You know being now days everything is done online by yourself. Thanks again for that idea.

How you liking your Kawi so far CC, do you miss the 6R any?
the nice part about the travel agent is they can book everything up and you make installments to them so when the time comes your vaca is paid for and not one huge chunk as well.

6R Blackout

the nice part about the travel agent is they can book everything up and you make installments to them so when the time comes your vaca is paid for and not one huge chunk as well.
That sounds really good cause I know it will be a few G's to go to the race and to pay over time instead of all at once will really help. Me and my girlfriend and another couple are gonna plan on making this trip in 2014. Definately appreciate your advice and I am glad you like your Kawi, but sorry you miss your 6R!:

CrazyCawi

That sounds really good cause I know it will be a few G's to go to the race and to pay over time instead of all at once will really help. Me and my girlfriend and another couple are gonna plan on making this trip in 2014. Definately appreciate your advice and I am glad you like your Kawi, but sorry you miss your 6R!:
its hard not to miss your first love

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I've seen two basic financing schemes from travel agents, and usually they're not all that great deals for you.

1) They're lending you the money and charging you interest. Depending on your situation, you can sometimes do better with a low-interest credit card.

2) They're making reservations in advance, paying a deposit, but not making the final payment until the last possible date (somewhere between 30-90 days out). In the meantime they're collecting money from you, holding on to it and earning a bit of interest. They may also charge you a variety of fees for the privilege of having them hang on to your money. If they go out of business, you're an unsecured creditor at the bottom of the list in bankruptcy court. If you ask smart questions (exactly how much do I have to put down, and exactly when is it due?) you can accomplish much the same on your own. If you need to open up a bank account and set aside money every month that you don't touch, do it. Don't use your travel agent as a savings account.

Our family agent doesnt do that other than an initial service fee pending on the type of vacation ranged anywhere from 75-$300 for how much work they had to do. Our travel agent is through AAA

bleedinblue

Elite Member