Help

wolfeman

I live in Texas and the dealer gave me a quote of $9,300 out the door. It is for the 2012 0 miles, copperish red and black one. Is this a good price? That also includes the 5 year warrenity. Or should I try to get him to lower the price some more. He told me that he is giving me $300 off. Do I need the warrenity?
Sorry about spelling. I send this from my phone. And it is hard to type on useing the small keys.

That is WAY too much! Drop the extended coverage (nothing breaks on these bikes unless it it abused and/or neglected).

I live in Texas and the dealer gave me a quote of $9,300 out the door. It is for the 2012 0 miles, copperish red and black one. Is this a good price? That also includes the 5 year warrenity. Or should I try to get him to lower the price some more. He told me that he is giving me $300 off. Do I need the warrenity?
Sorry about spelling. I send this from my phone. And it is hard to type on useing the small keys.

No way :eek:

Not for a FZ6R... Low to mid 8k yes

my brother got a 2011 (zero miles) for 7600.00

Asked and answered but over here in west Louisiana I payed 7100 otd tax tag all that included for a 2012 fz6r. I wouldn't even buy from that place just for trying to get you in at that amount...shop around!

Oh yeah and that was with helmet gloves and military icon vest

I only paid $9214 OTD for my FZ1 in 2009 when it was current year. Zero miles... We bought my wife's FZ6R at the same time for $7248 OTD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa! My 2011 gixxer new, was that price! I'm going to side with everyone else.... the 6r is at most 8k. AT MOST.

Keep shopping around as that dealer sounds like he is trying to stick it to you! Be careful. Good luck!

Do yourself a favor, watch the video. Same thing goes for bikes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNrLfylgHE0]Bruce Bueno de Mesquita: How How to Buy a Car, Using Game Theory - YouTube[/ame]

WoW Thank you so much guys. It suck where I live there is only one Yamaha dealer where I live. The next closest one is about 200 MI away. :( I am going to try to do that in the video. and see where it goes. Thank you for all of your help :). I just wonder how many people have they screwed over.

Yes I agree with everyone that is way too much.....if your not in a super hurry, try getting it from another state if you don't mind driving or having it shipped. I purchased my bike from Ohio and had it shipped to Louisiana for $6400 with shipping and that was a 2011 reddish/copper with 0 miles delivered to my door...

That salesman must be smoking on something!!!!!!

The Out of the door price varies based on the many different factors: location - the price on the west coast can't be compared to the price on the east.
Demographics and income in the region place its role in pricing.
That is why I don't see a point in comparing yours and mine cost unless we are at least in the same state.
The thread "How much you payed for your FZ6R" makes no sense on the international forum.

I'm from Houston.

No, run for your life. I paid 7.5k or something OTD. The price they gave you is way too high.

I got it down to $7,760 out the door. Before I pull the trigger. Is this bike a good starter bike?

Is this your 1st bike? Did you take the MSF course? and no offense, but how old are you.

I usually recommend Ninja 250cc or similar as 1st bike. The Yamaha may be a good starter bike as long as you respect the power and take a MSF course. But statistics say most people drop their 1st bike.

If you can afford a repair in case you drop the bike and/or don't care about buy new, go for it. Just remember, bikes are not toys.

Back