help... wife... lol

Spitfire

Wife won't let me mod the exhaust at a Muffler shop!! $60-$100!! I tell her, "Come on! A TBE is $1000+!!!" She says, "Good, you won't do that either!"... Now normally I'd lay down the law and get it done BUT she just bought me a new 46" TV and recliner... so I'm kind of at a loss here!!

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

cavcuz05

My wife was the same way...i expressed to her that i intend on keeping my bike and i will save up for it...at the time my tbr was only 645.00 from 58cycle.com (it was on sale)

stuna

OH BUT THE QUIET IS SO NICE . GUESS IM OLD . BUT I DO PUT ON HIGH MILES . LOUD , SHORT RIDES , MAYBE . BUT OVER THE YEARS AND LONG RIDES . GIVE ME QUIET :thumbup:

iSpoolin

I'm not married (yet) but me and my girl do live together/engaged, and we consider the money we both make "our" money.

Do what we do. We both have our "Single" Bank accounts, where we both get our paychecks direct deposited. Then we have a "joined" account where we move funds over just for bills.

Now I do pay most of our bills:
Rent -660
Power- 50
Bike Payment - 300
Cell phones - 200
insurance - 430

and she pays:
Her car payment (mines paid off) 400
Groceries - 300
and she generally pays for all the other small store trips in the month.

Now generally in my account I will have about 1400$ left each month, she will have about 700$ left. We have a deal (we are both into cars/and me into motorcycles to) that I get to take 500$ out of my savings each month and put it back for car/bike/whatever, and she gets to put back 500$ out of what she has left for parts/clothes/ and all that other stuff girls buy.

Then we generally are putting about 1000$ a month into an actual saving account we have at the bank.

That way we both get to buy whatever we want, without fight, without questions, you have your funds if something cost more then you have then keep saving. Its fairly simple actually.

Chucker

If your exhaust was damaged somehow ;), would she be OK with you repairing it?

Spitfire

All awesome replies! Had some good laughs! lol... Thanks for the advice guys... Looks like I'll just stick to waiting and I think she'll change her mind ;) I still have plenty to do to it, just the exhaust would be the funnest...

Especially love the comment "If it were damaged..." rofl

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Do the free mod with the long screwdriver. It gives you about the same sound for free, and then when you do convince her to let you do it, part of the work is already done because the holes you punched in the exhaust. :thumbup:

Chucker

All awesome replies! Had some good laughs! lol... Thanks for the advice guys... Looks like I'll just stick to waiting and I think she'll change her mind ;) I still have plenty to do to it, just the exhaust would be the funnest...

Especially love the comment "If it were damaged..." rofl
Seriously though, if it's that important to you, look at everything you spend your money on, and I mean EVERYTHING. Chances are you can find a fairly significant amount of spending that can be eliminated or reduced, even if it's just for a short while.

Examples
1. I used to spend a couple of bucks a day on coffee on my way to work. I now just make it at home and take it in a traveller. Saved me around $50/month.
2. I used to buy lunch everyday for $7-10. Now I make it for $2-3. Saved $100-150/month.
3. I don't know if you smoke, but that's a no-brainer.

Commit to focussing on saving for it, and maybe she'll agree to a deal where you can get it now and pay for it over the next few months, as long as she knows you're committed and will follow through.

I usually get what I want by committing to it. Mind you, we're not strapped for cash and I don't usually make frivolous decisions.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

tractorboy

Save up some lunch money and let a little time pass...then.....bam....

a little from budget plus saved lunch money.....whammo.

Thats how I got mine..I had to prove id take my lunch to work for a while......

hehehehehe

hey..its all give and take and the ladies know ....we are like kids...so.....