Help Replacing Main Switch steering lock

PseudoMuerte

first: i am a complete noob to bikes and bow to the wisdom of you veterans.
second: someone tried to steal my bike and wrecked my ignition. it does not look like they did any more damage. According to exploitation charts i have found all around the internet i am going to replace my Main Switch and have it in the mail currently.
i signed up here to beg for some assistance in replacing this thing.
i am no stranger to dismantling cars and electronics but bikes are new territory for me and i cannot find anything that shows a good step by step on what i have to remove to change this thing out. I could just start removing parts and just reconstruct what i dismantle but i thought that while i have the down time of shipping i could see if you guys/gals could help make my life a bit easier. any heads up on any special tools i might need and if they can be worked around without having to spend $1000 on a freaking "Special" phillips from Yamaha. anything you can offer would be amazing.
the only thing i have found is an fz6r tech guide that has full wiring diagrams and what not.
thanks ahead of time!

p.s. while we are at it, what do you guys/gals recommend for an alarm? I have found everything from remote starting alarms to just simple shock alarms. I would love to know what you have on your bike in the real world!

Michael Wilson

In the shop I have had the.... enjoyment..... of replacing a few of these.... not fun. Its probably easier for most people to remove the entire front end (forks triple trees ect)

And of course having the special tool is gonna make it way easier. I've always had acess to them.

I know this isn't very helpful but there's not many tricks to making it easier