leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

TokenSSDD

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

TokenSSDD

What's your purpose for lowering it? I'm 5'8" and I can put both feet on the ground flat, but my wife can almost do it and she's 5'3". I would assume you'd probably have to modify the center as well since it's measured to fit the bike at a certain height but I could be wrong.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

behindXgrnXeyes

I have thought about lowering mine as well. being in florida, we dont have the twisties to warrent any worry regarding loss in handeling

I'm 5'5 and am almost flat foot, think toes and most of the top pad, but I know that if i could be completely flat, it would offer a great amount of comfort and control.

Jots S.R.M.C.

I can help you with this.. a close friend of mine works in service @ a yamaha powersports store..

Just need to measure a couple spots to see if a lowering link from a different bike would be compatible.. Because it is a MONO-SHOCK- The chances of finding something compatible is VERY likely.. Hell I bet there is somethinng out there from a early 90s Suzuki that would be compatible..

Just need to Find a link to measure and then look at my FZ6r if the dealership doesn't have one..

PM me for my phone number if you haven't found a solution and I will make a call..

Generally its a supply and demand thing on getting these on shelves.. Anyone that works in a shop knows this trick- thus there no rush to be any readily available..

Hopefully I or the shop can get hands on some.. Or - There is some measurement's somewhere to read to find out what will work..

We shall see..

Oh forgot to add- There may be a different bolt you may need to get, nothing to crazy

As you see here.. Its simply " piggy backing on the shock brackets" and many have brackets of there own, so there MAY be a little bit of customizing, Just cutting some steel- and drilling.. Nothing crazy!

Last edited: