Help Needed Front Left Caliper

tc269

Hi I know Im new to these forums just got my bike this week. Of course I have to play around and customize it a little. Well I got the bright Idea of painting my calipers. Got to the last one and pulled the noob action of cross threading the bolt :mad: (****) was the word out of my mouth. Well to make the story short now I need the front left caliper. If your sitting on the bike its the front left one with the two brake lines running to it instead of one and the bolts that thread into it. Please help me out. if you know some one who got aftermarket ones or busted up the bike but the calipers are ok please let me know. Thanks

Tony

pyrocpu

Either re-tap it the same size, or re-tap it with a bigger size + add new bolt from the hardware store. A lot easier than a new clamper!

tc269

I would like to re tap it the same size but the way I found out I cross threaded is when I went to final tight it it pulled all the threads thru. And is it going to be possible to retape bigger caust the bolt is not standard. It is smaller and unthread at the end (to slide in the rubber boot) and towards the head it has the threads. Thanks for the help

the bolts are like these ones
http://shop.oreillyauto.com/product_images/img/dor/hw14092.jpg

tc269

thanks for all who looked and helped me out. Got the problem fixed. took it to a machine shop and they drilled it out and put in a heli coil so good as new now. Much better than $250 new caliper. Well if anyone else has this same problem now you know what you can do.
Thanks
Tony